19~

Marcrya looked up at him and smiled. "I know the feeling. Even though a lot of people look down on you, it doesn't mean there's no one with you! Even one person can make a difference." Marcrya's smile softened as her eyes went spaced into thoughts. "Yeah. I remember." She said. Gildgreev tilted his head. "That day, when I was about four years old. I still lived with Dewdrop but most beasts hated me. Some even threatened to hurt me, if not kill. I was so weak and felt so burdening back then. Dewdrop always had to come rescue me. I cried a lot. I decided that if I impress them, they'd open up to me. It didn't go as planned but it eventually worked out. I image that there's still a lot of beasts who hates me." Marcrya said. Gildgreev stared at her. Marcrya...was threatened? Gildgreev thought. This little fragile, willful, wise human child? Marcrya smiled again. "The past is the past Kawill would say and I prefer to run towards the future rather than linger in the past Malkor would tell me." Marcrya said, giggling at her memory. Gildgreev nodded, smiling at her. "Thank you, Marcrya." A flapping sound was heard from a short distance away. "Marcrya! Gildgreev! There you two are!" Said a voice urgently. They turned to see Dolq flying towards them. Gildgreev got Marcrya and flew towards her. "What's wrong, Dolq?" Marcrya asked. "I have some news. It's pretty bad." She said, ushering them towards her cave. "We'll talk more about somewhere more confined. We don't want unnecessary attention." Dolq's motherly voice turned serious and slightly cold. Obliging, Gildgreev flew back to the cave. Dolq was looking around outside the mouth of the cave before going inside and sitting near the nest. "Why are you so alerted, Dolq?" Gildgreev asked. "I had overheard that a small group of beasts is looking for Marcrya. They want her dead." She said in a low, serious tone. "Me? Dead? Why?" Marcrya asked. Dolq shook her head. "I do not know for certain, but I believe that they don't like the idea of a young human child getting close with other beasts." "Hat should we do?" Marcrya asked. "Stay in my cave and don't go out. I made a call to a friend that might help. He should be here tomorrow." Marcrya and Gildgreev nodded. Marcrya's eyes sparkled. "Can I sleep with the hatchlings?" She asked. Dolq's serious expression faltered as she had to chuckle. "Alright." She said. Marcrya giggled as she ran into the nest and laid down. "The stars are beginning to peak out. Don't you want to rest, Gildgreev?" Dolq asked. Gildgreev looked to the sky then went his way towards the nest. "Thank you, Dolq." He said before climbing in and sleeping next to Marcrya. Dolq walked to the mouth of the cave and sat there, staring at the stars and the great black-blue sky. My dear Dewdrop. I promise that I will protect the child. I will keep this secret until she discovers it. I hope you the best, my treasured friend. Dolq laid on her stomach and watched as a blue star shot by.