23~

Marcrya was sitting on the edge of the cave. "Still no sign of Gildgreev?" Dolq asked. Marcrya shook her head. "It's been days. He should have been back by now." She said. Something doesn't feel right. She thought. Arkrai approached them from the skies. "Hey. I think you might want to hear this." He said, landing inside. Marcrya and Dolq turned their attention towards him. "Apparently, the Slash Clan has a plan to attack Marcrya tonight." He said. "Wait, how do they-" Marcrya was cut off by a distant thunder's clap. "A storm is coming." Dolq muttered. "I found this." Arkrai said as he handed a stone rune with writing carved into it. Marcrya picked it up. "It's written in griffin tongue." She said. "Uh... The storm uh... night... uh... fight at... something... glade something forest." Marcrya tried reading. "Sorry. I'm not that good with griffin tongue." She apologized. Arkrai sighed. "No, that's alright." Dolq said. Marcrya placed the rune down and searched in her bag. "I think there's- YEAH!" She exclaimed, taking out a book. Arkrai raised an eyebrow as she opened the book and turned to a few pages next to the rune. "Ok. The storm is perfect in tonight's fight. Meet us, the Slash Clan, at the glade just before the chimeras' territory." Marcrya read. "A fight?" Arkrai questioned. Marcrya nodded. "That's the translations from the book. I saw Dewdrop pack the griffin tongue translator book in my bag." Marcrya said. "Well, the storm is quite near and night has approached. I believe we should get to the location." Arkrai said. "Why must we go?" Marcrya asked. "The one who gave me the rune said it would be wise to follow their demand. There is a sight that must be seen at the battlefield." He said. Dolq's eyes narrowed. "Alright, well, we better get going then." Marcrya said. "Is it ok if I ride on your back, Arkrai?" She asked. Arkrai nodded, leaning down for Marcrya to climb up. As she did so, she told Dolq to stay behind. "The hatchlings won't be happy to see their mother gone." She said. Dolq smiled and nodded. "Please come back safely." Dolq said. Marcrya nodded as Arkrai took off. Marcrya had put the rune inside her bag. They reached the glade. Already, Marvrya could see a group of beasts. Once they landed, Marcrya counted seven beasts in the group. One dragon, two manticores, one hippogriff, one kelpie, and two- Marcrya cut her thought off with a gasp. Arkrai growled as he saw why Marcrya gasped. "Well, it isn't much of a surprise. You should have known better, Arkrai." The dragon said with a smirk. Tears streamed down Marcrya's eyes. "H-how could you... Gildgreev?" She cried. "T-two griffins w-with one a-as..." Marcrya fell to her knees. "Why...?" Gildgreev sighed. "I wonder how I restrained myself from killing you." He said. Marcrya's eyes widened. Arkrai roared. "You griffins are all the same. Deceiving and manipulating. It's all getting old!" "And what of dragons? You creatures are quite incompetent at times. Hiding in your caves, hoarding treasures. We griffins aren't the only ones who steal." Gildgreev screeched. I trusted you. I cared for you. You were my treasured friend. Marcrya thought. How could you?