18~

"Everyone, please give me your attention for a short moment." Dolq said, landing. Everyone turned towards her. "This is my friend, Marcrya, or she is known as little beast from the Northern Woodlands. She's accompanied by her griffin friend, Gildgreev." Dolq introduced. Marcrya waved while Gildgreev just stood, watching. Nobody else spoke. Some gave a small grin while others just brushed the introduction off. After a while, they went back to doing what they were doing. Marcrya smiled. "Why are you smiling, Marcrya?" Gildgreev asked. "I'm just glad that no one is treating me like a majestic Phoenix or something like that. Whenever a beast heard my name, they'd act like a royal king or noble just came through. I'm just a girl raised by beasts. That's it." Marcrya said. Gildgreev gave a nod. "I see. You want to be treated as if you are like everyone else." Marcrya nodded. "Yeah." Dolq spread her wings. "I'll be going back, now. If you need me, you know where I will be." She said, flying off once again. Marcrya waved. Gildgreev sat next to Marcrya. "Marcrya." He started. "Yes?" She asked. "What do you plan to do now?" For once, after a very long time, Marcrya found herself unable to answer. What do I plan to do? She asked herself in her head. "I don't really know, Gildgreev. I guess I want to settle in first." She responded. Gildgreev nodded. "Well, you have two choices of homing. You can come to my nest that's here in the main point or you can go to Dolq's cave." He said. Marcrya thought for a bit. "I'll go see your nest and then decide." She responded. Gildgreev nodded as Marcrya got on his back. He spread his wings and flew. They soon approached a very large tree that seemed to be as large as a hill. Gildgreev landed on a large branch containing a griffin nest. "Wow." Marcrya said, climbing in. "Feathers and grass." She said, feeling the cushion on the nest. Gildgreev smiled. "It's been a while since I've come back to my nest here in the main point." He said. "Why did you leave?" Marcrya asked. Gildgreev frowned. "Well, let's just say I have issues with my neighbors." He said. Marcrya raised a skeptic eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?" Gildgreev sighed. Marcrya's expression softened. "Ok, ok. I won't push you to answer." She said. Gildgreev looked at her and for the first time, she saw hurt, depression, and anger in his eyes. "Gildgreev..." She muttered. "Marcrya, since I've met you, I've been so happy and amazed. You've shown me so many things that I never knew existed." Gildgreev said. Marcrya looked down. "I thank you so much, Marcrya. Sincerely, I do." Marcrya didn't answer at first and when she did, her respond caught Gildgreev surprised. "So, you're saying that you've been through many hardships through your life and no one had ever helped you through." Marcrya said. That wasn't even a question! Gildgreev thought. This time, Gildgreev couldn't think of anything to say. "Marcrya..."