4~

Marcrya had gotten on Gildgreev's back and they have flown to the ground, heading for the South Cliffs. "Why can't you fly us there?" Asked Marcrya. "The South Cliffs are surrounded by flying creatures such as dragons or manticores so it's safer by ground. It doesn't mean that trouble won't be lurking about the ground, though." Gildgreev explained. Marcrya gave a nod of understanding. It had been about three hours since they started the trip. It was dark and really quiet. The quietness frightened Marcrya. "Gildgreev, did you hear that?" She asked. "Hear what?" He asked. "I think I heard something that sounded like a puff." She said. "Maybe it's a geyser nearby." He said. Marcrya had a wary feeling that a geyser isn't the case. Gildgreev suddenly stopped, causing Marcrya to bump into him. "What's wrong?" She asked. Marcrya looked past Gildgreev to see a chimera standing in their way. Gildgreev did not move. The chimera spotted them and stared at them. The tail-snake hissed. A growling sound emitted from the lion's throat while the teeth of the goat head was bared. Marcrya's fears vanished. She walked towards the chimera. "Hey, what are you doing?" Gildgreev asked quietly. The chimera's paws revealed its claws. Marcrya sat down in front of the chimera and smiled. "Hello there, I'm Marcrya. What's your name?" She asked. The chimera lowered its lion head to Marcrya's and sniffed. The tail-snake hissed once more. "Oh. So you have three names?" Marcrya asked. "We're known as Zhuu." The lion roared. "Hello there, Zhuu. Wow, I've never met a chimera in person before." She said. "And what of you? Why is a human traveling in chimera territory? Especially one who understands us." Zhuu asked. "Me and Gildgreev are passing through to get to the South Cliffs. It's a little dark in here though." Marcrya said. Gildgreev then sat next to Marcrya. "You and your friend may pass. We will allow the little beast and any of her companions to pass." Zhuu said. "Thank you very much, Zhuu but I'm afraid that we can't see in here." Marcrya said. "That's not a problem." Zhuu said. "We'll just make your life a little brighter." The goat head of Zhuu said. The lion head of Zhuu opened its mouth and created fire that's kept in its mouth. Zhuu led Marcrya and Gildgreev out of the dark and into the next path. "If you need us, you know where to look." Hissed the tail-snake of Zhuu. They left back to the forest while Marcrya and Gildgreev continued their way. "You were amazing, Marcrya." Gildgreev said. "How did you do it?" "Well, Zhuu wasn't scary. In fact, none of the creatures in the myth lands are scary. We're all friends. That's how I look at them. This is why I'm no human. I don't want to be human." She said. Gildgreev gave a sincere smile. "Hey, where are we passing next?" Marcrya asked. "Well, we're going to have to pass through the marshlands. Trolls and imps live there so, it gets really frustrating. Certain types of fairies live there too." Gildgreev explained. "Why would it be frustrating to pass through?" Marcrya asked. "You'll find out soon. We're here." Gildgreev said. Marcrya nodded as they kept walking.