9~

"What?" Marcrya asked. "We're going to follow him. An imp doesn't take mystical items by deal or trade." He said. Marcrya climbed onto Gildgreev and they took off, following Kut. It was about half an hour but Kut finally stopped. Gildgreev stopped and watched Kut go up a tree. "I've got this, Gildgreev. Just take me to that branch!" Marcrya said, pointing at the large branch below them. Gildgreev was hesitant but lowered her onto the branch. She quickly but carefully weaved through to the tree Kut had climbed. She went up the same way and got out of Gildgreev's sight. "Hello?" She called quietly. "Kut?" Kut's head whipped towards her. "What are you doing here?" He asked, surprised and a bit nervous. "Are you ok, Kut?" Marcrya asked. Kut just ignored her and waved the wand over someone else. "Who is that?" Marcrya asked. The person coughed. "Another imp." Marcrya whispered to herself. Kut's frown deepened. "No. It didn't work." He said somberly. "What didn't work?" Marcrya asked. "The wand. It was suppose to heal Karl." He said. Marcrya walked over to him and plucked the wand from his hand. "Here." She said, waving the wand over Karl and tapping the point onto his forehead. Karl shifted and snores emitted from him. "A good night's rest should help him." Marcrya said. Kut's appearance seemed to brighten up. "Thank you! Thank you so very much! I owe you an apology, Marcrya." Kut said. "It's fine. Who is he anyways?" "He's Karl, my brother. He got sick from the fungus poisoning when he tried to trick a human that passed through. He got really sick. I tried everything to make him feel better, but I could only slow the sickness. Then, you came along. I sensed a magical item from your bag so I took it. I inspected it and found the wand. I wanted to observe you to see how I can use it, but then another imp took it so I had to keep it from getting taken from you. I just made the deal to keep it, but I did try to heal Karl." Kut explained. Marcrya nodded in understanding. "I see." She said. "Are you a mage?" Kut asked. Marcrya shook her head. "No, but I was raised by one. Dewdrop, the water mage from the North Woodlands." Kut suddenly bursted out laughing. "What?" Marcrya questioned. "It's called 'Northern Woodlands' not North Woodlands." "But, I've been saying that ever since I was small!" Marcrya protested. Kut gave a chuckle. "Some do say North Woodlands. It is proper but not necessarily correct." "Wow. You know a lot, Kut!" Marcrya praised. "Well, I can tell you about the plains and such on the mythical side of the border." Kut offered. Marcrya nodded eagerly. "Well, there's the Northern Woodlands, and just a little before is the Northern Borders or the Borded Division. It's commonly known as the Borders. Beyond the Northern Woodlands is the Southern Cliffs." "I thought it was the South Cliffs." Marcrya cut. Kut smiled. "Yes. It is, but Southern Cliffs is a more formal way of saying it."