Hometown

A/N: requested by tenorandbaritone from a loooong time ago :~)

(sorry, I'm still not taking requests, I just wanted to post this one bc it was requested to me a while back)

also damn we're at 4K reads, over 240 votes, and over 230 comments WE MADE IT FAM BRING IT IN GROUP HUG IT OUT

LOL I just feel so proud of this and so accomplished. It really feels like a lot to me and I'm so grateful. Thank all of you guys so much for taking some time out of your day to read my work. It means a lot to me to know that what I'm doing is somehow making you happy and I'm so glad because of it. I love you guys, all of you.

also WOW this oneshot is long haha whoa

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

"Mommy!!" Mitch screams as he runs up to his parents, taking his mother into a tight embrace.

Scott chuckles, coming up behind him, placing his and Mitch's suitcases down.

"Mr. Grassi." Scott greets, smiling and reaching his hand out to shake the older man's.

"Get in here!" Mike responds, opening his arms to take Scott into a hug.

Scott gratefully accepts and hugs him back, until when they let each other go, Scott feels a sharp jab at his ribs. It's Mitch's elbow, telling him to move out of the way. He smiles and quickly moves away, letting Mitch hug his father.

"Hey, Mrs. Grassi." Scott approaches Mitch's mom, hugging her.

"Please, Scott!" She insists, squeezing him, "Call me Nel."

He laughs slightly before releasing her and hearing fidgeting from behind him. He looks back to see Mitch struggling with his suitcase, trying to drag the heavy weight behind him. He laughs even more when he sees the boy's attempts and promptly goes to help his boyfriend.

*****************

The whole day was filled with laughs and funny stories, Scott enjoying the familiar company of Mitch's parents and feeling right at home. They caught up on current events in life, how Pentatonix was going, and they even talked about Wyatt.

Scott had always wanted to spend Thanksgiving at the Grassi household, and he was grateful that his parents finally let him do it this year.

Tomorrow was actually the big feast day, but Scott was still ready for tonight's dinner.

*****************

During dinner, Mitch was telling a story of how Wyatt literally jumped across the room because Kujo was trying to eat his food. The small cat ran up to the younger dog and meowed loudly at him, and when Mitch told this to everyone, loud laughs surrounded the table.

Scott actually ended up laughing so hysterically that he grabbed Mitch's arm in the process, looking at him until he could finally calm his laughter.

"Are you okay now?" Mitch asks, smiling and holding Scott's hand as he wiped the tears from his eyes with the other.

"Yeah. Thanks." He says softly, "That was just so funny. I remember that so well." He says, looking a bit into the distance as he remembers the thought, before looking back at Mitch.

They look into each other's eyes for a few moments, Scott thinking about how lucky he is.

How lucky that he's able to have such a perfect boyfriend that can make his heart flutter every time he smiles. That he can sit here comfortably and spend time with his parents, all as a huge family. Knowing that now that they live together, they'll spend the rest of their lives with each other and always have crazy stories to tell their relatives, their friends, and maybe even their children one day.