Chapter 4

~Mike~
Honestly, I'd had a great evening with Tony. I definitely wasn't interested in him romantically but he was really cool. After talking and watching movies for hours, Wayne's world came to an end. As the credits began to roll, I felt a weight on my shoulder. Tony's head had fallen to rest on my shoulder and I realised he was fast asleep. His eyes were closed, casting faint, black shadows of his eyelashes on his soft skin and he made these weird cute snoring noises as he slept.
I decided he would be more comfortable in bed, so I gently transferred him from the sofa into my arms, picking up his light frame with ease. Slowly, I made my way up the stairs so as not to wake him and opened a door with Tony scrawled across a small sign. I nudged the door open with my foot and carried him inside, resting him on the bed and throwing the blanket from the couch over him. He rolled over and cuddled a pillow into his chest.
I smiled because he looked so peaceful and happy. As I made to leave, he suddenly let out a soft whimper, causing me to turn on my heel where I stood in the doorway. It sounded a bit like he was crying, although I couldn't make it out exactly because of the darkness of the room, and he began mumbling in his sleep.
"No...p-please don't hurt me... I-I'm sorry," he almost yelled.
I walked back over to the bed quickly and saw the shiny tear tracks on his face, glistening in the glow of moonlight streaming in through the crack of his curtains. He started to cry harder and tops and turn.
"Tone, Tone wake up it's just a dream," I spoke, gently shaking his shoulder.
He sat bolt upright his eyes wide with fear and his face drenched in tears.
"Tony, relax it's okay," I tried to reassure him. He simply wrapped his arms around my neck and cried softly, which broke my heart. I held him there. I still wasn't gay, but this just felt nice and he needed comforting. Whatever he had been dreaming about must have been pretty bad for him to get so upset.
Eventually, he calmed down and pulled away, wiping the last of the tears from his face.
"Thank you so much, Mike," he said sincerely, giving me one last short hug.
"That's okay," I told him then a thought struck me.
"Will you play your guitar for me?" I asked him awkwardly.
"Sure, it sounds the best if we go on the roof and the view is so pretty," he told me excitedly as he headed across the room to pick up an acoustic guitar.
I followed him over to his window and watched as he slid out and pulled himself up onto the roof with ease as though he had done it a thousand times. I couldn't quite manage to get up easily and so Tony rested his guitar against the chimney and came over to help.
He reached his two skinny arms down and pulled me up. For one single moment, he was dangling me over the edge of a two story building, before toppling backward to rest on his back and hitting the slate tiles with me on top of him. He blushed before giggling and moving from under me to grab his guitar.
"What do you want me to play?" He wanted to know.
"Do you know the song island of the misfit boy by front porch step?" I asked hopefully, it was beautiful and fit so well.
"Yeah," he nodded, adjusting the guitar and clearing his throat.
"I like to sleep because I pretend that I'm dead and I hate waking up because it's hard to forget..." He began.
He sung and played so beautifully and it was such a beautiful song I couldn't help but beam. Every strum I noticed his muscles move in his tank top and every voice crack sounded amazing.
When he finished, a soft pink glow covered his cheeks and he hid his face with his hands as I applauded him.
"Wow, you're amazing, Tone," I gushed, pulling him in for a celebratory hug, feeling him smile against my neck.
"Thanks," he replied, as I released him from our hug.
"It's so beautiful out here, isn't it?" Tony asked me, laying flat against the cool tiles to look up at the stars and sighing. I dropped back to join him.
"Yeah," I agreed rolling over to face him. "I can see why you love rooftops so much."
A/N: That's all I have time to write unfortunately but I will upload again tomorrow and just so you know the love experiment questions are either from the New York Times experiment or I have made some up.🐢✨