Chapter 11

~Tony~
I awoke in a hospital bed with Mike's arms around me. This caused me to smile because I had been convinced it was all a dream. I looked up at him and saw his eyes still closed and I could feel the regular out and in of his chest.
I decided to wake him up so we could have that moment before someone came in. Trying so hard not to smile, I began to kiss his neck and parts of his tan shoulder exposed by his tank top. He wriggled around in his sleep, mumbling things I couldn't make out, before his eyes finally opened and I pressed one last soft kiss to his warm shoulder. He smiles down at me.
"Well that's my new favourite way to wake up," he concluded, pecking my lips.
His voice sounded deeper and more gravelly this morning, which I liked and I was still in such disbelief that the was happening.
"I'll be sure to remember that," I smirked, biting my lip.
"Well we should probably get out of here soon, we've already missed a full hour of school at least, so there's not much point in going," Mike informed me.
I glanced at the clock and found he was right.
"How about you get dressed and I'll go sign your release papers," Mike suggested.
I nodded and walked over to my pile of clothes to get changed out of this dumb hospital gown.
I managed to get my boxers and black skinny jeans on underneath the gown, but some of my cuts were sensitive and I couldn't manage to untie the hospital gown and put on a clean shirt.
"Mike can you help me," I asked cautiously, not wanting to put him off by seeing me shirtless.
"Sure," he replied sweetly, untying the back and helping me off with the gown. He looked just a little horrified by my lack of shirt, so I quickly turned away and put on a plain blue shirt, before turning back to a shocked looking Mike.
"What?" I blushed, covering my face with my arms, so that just my eyes poked out above.
He grabbed the hem of my shirt before I could move away and lifted it up, exposing my badly bruised ribs. I felt embarrassed and worried that he would think the bruises were disgusting and not want me anymore, but it wasn't anything like that.
He put my shirt back in place and hugged me gently.
"You must be in so much pain," he stated, as I rested my chin on his shoulder.
"It's not as bad as it looks, a lot of them are old bruises anyway only the higher up ones on my chest are from the accident," I reassured him.
"What? You mean the others are from that time Joel attacked you?" Mike exclaimed, holding me at arms length. I nodded awkwardly in response.
Mike had no time to be angry though because suddenly, Jaime, Kellin and Vic were bounding into the room.
"Tony!" They all yelled, running up to me, but Mike stopped them.
"Guys, be careful Tony's in a lot of pain," he told them. They all nodded before approaching me more cautiously.
"Well we should probably get back to school, break's almost over," Vic noticed after around half an hour.
We said our goodbyes and I was checked out. Before going back to school, Vic dropped us off at my house.
I felt really tired as we went through my door.
I bundled myself in a blanket on the couch and switched on Netflix. Mike emerged from the kitchen with a packet of Swedish fish and skittles.
He then settled himself on the couch beside me and gently pulled me down to a comfortable lying down position beside him. I sighed, feeling more at ease and hoping the pain would disappear soon.

~Mike~
It was only seven thirty pm but Tony was already fast asleep. He looked utterly adorable, wrapped in his blanket and with his soft, dark hair across his face. It was times like this when he was so innocent and beautiful (yet unaware of it) that I got so angry at people who hurt him. They never found the driver who was involved in the accident, but they knew Tony wasn't at fault because of a nearby security camera. When I was with him, just with him, time seemed nonexistent; I could lie here forever with him.
A/N: short nd kinda bad but yeah. Oml Texas is forever is amazing 🐢✨