Chapter 14

~Mike~
I was sitting in my room with all my friends just drinking and chatting.
"So who are you with, Mike? What's the deal with you and Jaime's friend?" Austin asked me.
My throat went dry; here I was, sat in a room of straight guys who could define what everyone thought of me in one single question. I panicked. I started to spin a tale about how I was with Ellie and told them Tony meant nothing to me.
That was when I looked up and saw my Tony in my doorway. His eyes were glassy and his bottom lip shook like it always did when he was going to cry.
Right then, I couldn't care about anything but him. I called his name frantically as he ran through the house. Finally, as our feet hit the lawn, I caught up to him and took his wrist.
"Tony, I swear I didn't mean what I said. I care about you so much," I pleaded desperately. His eyes dived deep into mine and he started breathing fast, before he took off running again and I was stood there, knowing I'd lost him.

~Tony~
As I ran up the road, I was confronted by Kellin and Vic walking towards me, carrying a plastic bag and holding hands.
"Tony, what's wrong?" Vic asked, putting his hand against my chest and stopping me running.
"Mike doesn't want me," I muttered, trying to hide my tears.
"What? Tony, Mike's crazy about you," Kellin responded, placing a comforting hand on my back.
"No, he said there's nothing between us and that he's with Ellie," I told them, swallowing and blinking hard.
"Who's Ellie-" Kellin began.
"Did he cheat on you?" Vic cut in angrily.
Fresh tears started to pool in my eyes and I was just getting so overwhelmed by everything.
"Stop yelling Vic, you're scaring Tony," Kellin huffed, crouching next to me although I had no recollection of sitting down.
"Come on, let's go back to Vic's and just forget about Mike for tonight," Kellin suggested kindly.
They both helped me back up and we continued to the house. Kellin ushered me across the landing and into Vic's room, while Vic spoke to Mike as he tried to come over to me.
"Mike, he doesn't want to talk to you, I honestly can't believe you-" Vic started, before Kellin shut the door behind us and the voices became muffled. The door opened once again and for a brief moment I saw Mike and I still got shivers. Vic then stepped inside and slammed it.
"Tone, don't cry, we'll cheer you up," Vic insisted, going over to Kellin who was scrolling on his phone.
"Hun, I got this. I found something on tumblr to cure sad people," Kellin announced with a grin.
I sighed. I love them both, I really do.
Just not all the time.
"Okay, let's see...how to care for sad person. Lay said sad person on blanket," Kellin instructed Vic, who promptly picked me up bridal-style, whilst Kellin placed a blanket from Vic's closet beneath me on the floor and put me down onto it.
"Wrap blanket around sad person burrito style," Kellin read, chuckling a little.
Vic obliged rolling me along the blanket and gathering it around me. Frankly, I was too sad to protest.
"Place sad burrito on couch slash bed slash comfy place," Kellin told Vic, pointing to the bed.
Vic hauled me over his shoulder fireman style, before plopping me down on his bed. Honestly, aside from being too sad to protest, I also could barely move due to my 'burrito' cover.
"Put on Sad burrito's favourite movie," Kellin continued.
Vic placed his laptop on my lap and loaded Star Wars on the screen, which began to play.
"Feed Sad burrito," Kellin persisted, causing Vic to shove two cookies and cream pretzels into my mouth. I rolled my eyes and began to chew.
"Hydrate Sad burrito," Kellin added, tossing Vic a can of Arizona peach iced tea. Vic thanked him and clicked it open, helping me sip from it due to my arms being wrapped against my sides by the blanket.
"And finally, cuddle Sad burrito," Kellin finished, resulting in both he and Vic bouncing into the bed and sandwiching me in a bone-crushing (or in this burrito crushing hug).
A/N: idk poor turtle. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading.🐢✨