Chapter 16

~Tony~
Mike left the room, blushing furiously. I couldn't help but smile, brushing my thumb over the place his lips had been. I think my mind was probably made up right there and then; I was definitely going tonight.

I arrived home to find my parents weren't here. It may sound horrible, but I was somewhat glad. I pulled out my phone and texted Mike to accept his invitation for tonight. He texted back and suggested I be at his house by eight pm. I spent the rest of the evening finishing all of my homework and then at six pm I was finally done.
I got up to go make myself some food, but just then I caught sight of my parents shiny, black car pulling into the driveway through the kitchen window.
They both came in and greeted me with steady handshakes.
"Tony," my father barked, "what have you been doing this evening?" He questioned.
"Just finishing up my homework," I informed him honestly, gathering up my books.
"Tony, straighten up, your posture is terrible," my mother reprimanded me.
I nodded meekly and made for the stairs to start getting ready for my date with Mike.
I dressed casually in black skinny jeans and a misfits tank top.
At seven fifty five,I jogged down the stairs, heading for the door.
"Tony, where are you going?" My father shouted from our magnolia-clad lounge, causing me to freeze in the doorway.
"Just to a friends," I lied, preparing to take another step so I could get to Mike's on time.
"You seriously think you can afford to be off gallivanting with your buddies when you should be focusing on your schoolwork?" My father chuckled dryly.
I sighed, my shoulders sagging in defeat. Mike would think I changed my mind and stood him up.
"But, father, I don't have any more work to do," I told him truthfully.
"No, I don't want to hear it, young man, go to your room and study," my mother insisted, closing the front door and practically shooing me up the stairs.
By the time, I reached my room, it was 8:03. Just then I heard my ringtone, sound check by catfish and the bottle men, ring through my darkening room, bathed in low light from the sunset.
'I race through sound check, just to meet you...'
My ringtone sounded again. It was Mike.
Hurriedly, I picked up the phone and answered the call.
"Hi, Tony, I was just wondering if you're still coming because it's past eight...?" Mike trailed off awkwardly.
"I can't Mike I'm sorry-" I started.
"No, it's okay, Tony, I understand," Mike sighed dejectedly.
"Mike, you didn't let me finish," I giggled. "My parents sent me to my room and won't let me out tonight," I explained.
"Well no problem, I'll bring the date to you. Give me like ten minutes," Mike breezed happily.
"Mike, no you can't come to the house-" I attempted to stop him, afraid of my parents getting even angrier.
"Bye, Tone," he called, cutting me off and hanging up.
I rolled my eyes to myself and flopped onto my bed on my back.
About ten minutes later, I heard a soft tapping against glass. I looked up and saw Mike at my window, giving me a cute smile. I bounced over to him and opened it.
"Mike, you idiot, if my parents see you they'll go insane," I hissed, fighting a smile.
"Well, they probably won't check the roof," he smirked, climbing off the ledge below my window and onto the roof. I rolled my eyes and followed. When I emerged, Mike was sat at the apex next to the chimney in the middle of the roof. Balanced on top of the chimney was a pizza box and a candle, casting a soft yellow glow against his skin.
"I'm starting to understand your thing for rooftops, Tony Perry," he says with a small smile as I come to sit next to him on our chimney table.
"A candle even? Very impressive, Fuentes," I laughed.
"What can I say?" Mike smirked as we began to dig in to the pizza.
"Mike, can I ask you something?" I whispered after a while, pulling my knees into my chest.
"Yeah?" He replied.
"Why do you want to go out with me? It's just that, I've liked you for so long and honestly no one ever thought I'd have a shot with you. Well, except for Jaime, but he's...you know, him and I know Kellin and Vic didn't. I just wander why is it suddenly so possible?" I blurted, trying not to come off as incredibly insecure and probably failing.
"Honestly, Tone, please try not to freak out, but it's because I love you, I love you so much and I don't want this to hurt your feelings, but I can't help it," Mike told me, biting his lip and looking at me. He looked vulnerable almost and younger.
"Really?" I managed, so scared that this could be a set up.
He nodded in response, looking down. I think he thought I wouldn't say it back.
"I love you too," I said softly, pulling him into a hug.
"Please stay, just for tonight," I pleaded, resting my forehead against his and looking into his eyes.
"Okay," he nodded, but it came out all in a choked up whisper. It came out the way it does when you need to cry, but you shouldn't so you hold it in and your voice abandons you.
We climbed back through the window and I fell asleep in his hold.
A/N: I'm sorry this is late nd kind of bad but I really couldn't figure out what I wanted in this chapter. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading.