Chapter One

TP's POV

"Aw, damnit Rin!"

After another evening of trying to recreate fancy meals online, Miku Hatsune and Rin Kagamine stood panicked in front of a flaming microwave.

"Where's the fucking fire extinguisher?!!" Rin cried scrambling in the other room.

Meiko Sakine, overhearing the commotion, ran in nearly cracking a vein what she saw the flames.

"Guys, not again! Are you kidding me?!" She cried.

"I'm sorry!" Miku cried running by with a bucket of water, before tripping and dropping it. "Aw, come on!"

"Step back I got the water!" Rin shouted with another bucket.

Luka Megurine rushed in, eyes going wide at the sight before her.

"Wait, you're not supposed to throw water on an electrical—!" She was too late.

Rin dumped water on the microwave and the flames lashed out.

   "OH FUCK!!" Rin cried dropping to the ground.

   Unfortunately Len had walked by just as the fire grew, nearly getting roasted.

"AHHHHH!!!" He collapsed ducking his head at the sudden flames.

Then there was a spraying sound. Len looked up to see Kaito with a fire extinguisher and the fire no where to be seen.

"You ok, Len?" He held a hand out.

Len gave a small smile and nodded, taking Kaito's hand and letting the older boy pull him back to his feet.

"Yeah. Thanks Kai," he said.

Kaito looked at Miku and Rin, who were huddled together on the ground.

"Alright what were you trying to blow up this time, ladies?" He said.

Miku and Rin sat there frozen with dumbfounded faces, half expecting another scolding for their stupid actions. Miku played with her hair and quietly answered.

"Ehh... I-I don't remember..."

Kaito let out a sigh before setting the fire extinguisher aside.

"All right then. Just be careful next time, before you kill someone." he said, walking away.

It was silent until Miku and Rin let out relived sighs.

"That went well!" Rin said.

"Just because he went easy on you doesn't mean I will!" Meiko smacked them both on the head.

While the girls were arguing Len sat in wonder.

'Kaito... saved me...'

"LEN HELP SHE HAS A BELT!" 

"What—?!"

Before Len could react Rin and Miku we're jumping on him and he was on the ground.

————

Kaito's POV

That was ridiculous... Miku and Rin need to stop watching so many YouTube videos with people destroying things, they almost killed my baby.... I swear if that happens again there's trouble in their future.

I sat on my bed opening my sketchbook. I had filled my old one with drawings of the ocean, so I bought another one just for my darling! I had drawn a lot of my own fan art with him by now. He is so cute, I swear! I can't stop thinking about Len.

His smile, his voice, his lovely eyes...

Everything about him was amazing! I couldn't help but laugh slightly, I didn't even mind the shocks of pain that came with it!

"Len-Kun! He's so cute!" I beamed.

"Oh, shoot—!"

I heard crashing and my little sister's voice. I mentally face palmed and threw my sketchbook aside.

"Miku what the hell did you do this time?!" I cried.

She kicked open the door holding a box of old clothes and stuff from some of our very first songs.

"Dropped this! Sorry! Hey I found your Violet outfit in here! Remember when you sang Thousand Year Solo in front of everyone! And the developers got mad because I was supposed to sing World is Mine! That was so funny!"

As cute as Miku is she's pretty annoying. Don't get me wrong, she's a good little sister, but she talks to the point I want to strangle her with her own hair...

"Why were you digging around in that stuff anyway? We don't have any concerts coming up." I said.

"Ok. Me and Rin were keeping it secret, but we're setting Len and Neru up on a date! Neru is so Tsundere she won't even ask him out! So we're doing it for her! We just need to find decent clothes for Len... you think his Trickster outfit will work? Nah to fancy! How about his White Edge!"

I stopped listening at the mention of Neru...

Neru... and my Len... on a date...

A surge went through my head and I pulled my hair and growled.

"Kaito are you listening to me? What's wrong with you? Earth to Kaito, WAKE UP!" I got hit in the head by, what felt like, a heavy boot. It snapped me right out of the temporary pain state.

"Ow! Miku, what the fuck?!" I yelled.

The second I was up, Miku screamed, dropped the box and ran away. Something about chasing her was strange... this was normal yet it felt exhilarating... what would I do once I caught her...? Red was flashing in my mind and it was ineffably amazing...

"You'll never take me alive!!" She ran into her room and slammed the door in my face.

"You can't hide in there forever!" I banged on the door.

"Yes I can!"

My nails scratched against the wood, I was sure traces of red were being left behind. I had such a rush of adrenaline, I wanted to rip the door down and just... do something. Instead I just rolled my eyes and walked away. I didn't have time for her dumb games, there was something more important for me to worry about.

'Neru isn't doing anything with Len...'