Chapter Thirty-Two

TP's POV

   His body felt stiff. Kaito walked almost all night, his hair and clothes were damp and mud stained. He held himself as he walked to the one place he had left to go. He approached Akaito's house, quickly spotting his brother on the front steps of the house. He was sitting back with a bottle of wine texting on his phone. Kaito held himself tight when he walked up.

   "A-Akaito..."

   His brother looked up, and a worried face instantly grew.

   "Kaito? Holy shit!"

   He stood and rushed over to his brother to embrace him. Kaito bit his lip and cried a little. Akaito put an arm around him and quickly lead him inside.

   "Come on, let's get you cleaned up... damn, you're freezing...!" He felt Kaito's forehead to make sure he wasn't catching a cold.

   Once inside he pushed Kaito in the bathroom and got a towel for him.

   "Get out those clothes and shower. I'll let you borrow some of my clothes, and after we'll talk."

   Kaito nodded before his brother shut the door.

   Akaito ran up to his room and dug in his drawers for clothes. He finally pulled out a black sweater and jeans, along with some boxers. He left them on the bathroom counter. When Kaito was done he sat on the couch with Akaito. His older brother held his hand and looked in his eyes.

   "Now tell me what happened..."

   Kaito gripped Akaito's hand and tried as hard as he could to hold his tears back.

   "Len found out about the murders... I... I almost killed him, then... I ran away..."

   Akaito was silent then hugged Kaito tight.

   "I'm so sorry... I'm really sorry..."

    Kaito gasped a bit as a tear finally escaped.

    "Aka... I think he's still in love with me... after all the shit I've done that ruined his life he still loves me..."

   Akaito put a hand on Kaito's cheek and tilted his head up to see his face.

   "Hey... don't cry, baby..."

   "I feel like shit! Akaito, this isn't right... I love him very much... but he shouldn't love me like that...! I'm not making his life fair...! A-Akaito, what's wrong w-with me?! What the fuck is wrong with me?!"

    Kaito put his hands over his face unable to hold back his tears anymore. Akaito moved closer and hugged Kaito close to his chest. The redhead knew this was his fault. The very second he realized his game went farther than he wanted it to go he sent lines of code to Kaito's system to stop him from going insane, at least for a few hours. Akaito didn't think he could tell his little brother that he was responsible for all of this suffering...

    "Kaito, don't pressure yourself like this... do you... do you want to talk to Len? Imagine what he's thinking right now... he might be worried about you..." He said.

   "How can I even face him...? Or even my own family...! Miku must hate me... Meiko won't ever talk to me again... a-and dad will have me shutdown for good!"

   Akaito hugged him tighter, trying not to cry himself.

    "No, no, no, don't say that! That won't happen, Kaito-San... you'll be loved no matter what, don't think otherwise..."

    Kaito looked up at him with tears on his face, his eyes were a deep violet color...

   "Is... is something wrong with me...?" He said.

   Akaito stared at his brother's eyes with a sad look. The redhead didn't need a computer or anything to know his virus had absolutely messed up Kaito's system; he should've stopped this the second Kaito confessed to murder. He slowly took the blunette's arm and looked at the scars on his wrist. Akaito sighed then kissed Kaito's wrist, and his forehead.

   "I can't say I know..." He lied. "But you're still an amazing person. Just, please, Kaito..." He looked back at the scars, fighting the urge to cry. "Don't do this to yourself again... please, baby... it makes me worry about you..."

   Kaito rubbed tears from his eyes and sniffled lightly. He hid his face in Akaito's chest starting to cry again.

   "I'm s-sorry..."

   Akaito slid his fingers in Kaito's hair and kissed his head. A single tear fell down his face.

   "It's alright... don't cry, sweetheart..."