Chapter Eight

Kaito's POV

    I was listening in on the twins with a blank expression. So Rin is on to me now... this makes my job harder...

   I leaned on the wall to hear what else they were saying.

   "Kaito?! Seriously?!" Rin cried.

   "Yes...I think he was trying to seduce me earlier. And he's kissed my cheek, plus he's been around me more than usually..." He said.

    "Damn. It does sound like he likes you... but it's wrong! Kaito just can't keep killing people because he loves you!"

    "Let's not jump to a conclusion though! Kaito's a nice person I don't want to think of him doing something so horrible...!" I heard him start crying.

    I wanted desperately to hug Len and kiss him. I hate to see my precious baby cry, but I can't let them know I was the one behind the murders.

   But I have a few tricks up my sleeve...

————

    Len's POV

    "Len, don't act like that!"

    Rin smacked my cheek.

    "You're right, we don't know for sure if it is him. It could be a coincidence! It could be anyone! We just can't put our guard down..." She said.

   I rubbed my face where she hit me.

    "I know that..." I looked back at the necklace. "Hey... where's the place you got this?"

    "Kira-Kira Jewelry, why do you ask?" She said.

    "Well. Kaito's birthday is in a few days. Maybe if I get him something nice... I'll have a better chance of knowing if he liked me..." I said.

    "That sounds dumb," She frowned.

   "Well I don't hear you coming up with anything!" I retorted.

   "Ok, ok! We'll look tomorrow, geez!"

  Rin walked past me, waving a hand. I thought about Kaito again and stared at the necklace.

   I shook my head and followed behind Rin.

————

   TP'S POV

   Kaito typed urgently on his phone. This was the fifth time he tried calling, and he was starting to get a little pissed off.

   "Answer the phone, dumbass..."

   Finally there was an answer.

    "Whaaat? You're blowing my damn phone up with these texts man!"

   "Can you come down here? I need help with something..." Kaito said.

   "What? You gotta tell me!"

    "It'll be easier to explain in person! Can you just meet me at Heta Mall?"

   "Whyyyy I'm busy!"

   "Pleeeeaaasse! Pretty please!!"

   A sigh was heard over the phone.

   "You're impossible to say no to... I'll be there in about 30 minutes."

   Kaito grinned.

   "Thanks Akaito-San!"