Chapter Nine

TP's POV

   Kaito sulked in a chair at the food court. He had been waiting for nearly an hour for his older brother, Akaito. He got a milkshake, hoping the man question would show up when he got back, but he still wasn't here. Frustrated, Kaito tried calling again, but got no answer.

   "Where the hell is he?!" He cried.

   "Where the hell is who?"

   Kaito jumped at the sudden voice and looked behind himself to see Miku staring at him that clueless look in her eyes.

   "Why are you here?!" Kaito snapped.

   "There's a sale at Hot Topic! I wanna get some Totoro plushies! And I need to find a dress for my date!" She said eagerly.

   Kaito mentally facepalmed.

   "Are you fucking kidding me?" He said. "I thought you were using a dress you already had!"

   "Hush! Who are you even waiting for?"

   As if on cue, a certain redhead popped up and hugged Kaito from behind, startling the bluenette again.

   "Hey there baby brother! And kinda sorta baby sister!" Akaito ruffled their hair with a grin.

    "Don't fucking touch my hair!!" Kaito fussed.

   "Hi Akaito-San! It's nice to see you! What're you doing here?" Miku said cheerfully.

   "It's nice to see you both again! This baby wanted me for something!" He put an arm around Kaito.

   "I'm 17 years old! I'm not a baby!" Kaito said pouting. 

   "You act like a baby!" Miku said.

   Kaito glared at her, annoyed.

   "Don't you still need to buy your dress?" He said.

    "Oh, right! Bye guys!" Miku took off running across the food court until she couldn't be seen.

   Akaito sat by his brother with that same grin.

   "Alright, what did you make me come down here for?" He asked leaning in his chair.

   "Well... you know about Neru Akita and Teto Kasane's deaths?" Kaito asked.

   Akaito gave a nod.

   "Yeah it's what's trending on like every social media." He said.

   Kaito made fists. He was worried to tell this to Akaito, but he had to in order to pull off his plan.

   "When I tell you this you can't tell anyone else, ok?" He said.

   "I'm listening."

   Kaito glanced around to make sure nobody was paying attention to them, then breathed in and spoke in a whisper when he breathed out.

   "I killed them..."

————

   Kaito's POV

   "YOU did it?" Akaito said in surprise.

   I nodded. I didn't know what to expect from him. I felt like I was in trouble,  like I made a huge mista-

   "Holy shit! AHAHAHAHA!"

   "Wh-What's so funny?" I asked.

   "Ahaha! I'm sorry, I just can't believe YOU got away with murder! My baby brother the killer~!" Akaito said through laughs.

   I should've known... Akaito sings songs about demonic murder of course he isn't freaked out...

   "Well I did. But not for long. You see... I killed those two because they both were in love with Len. And I don't want that. I love him.  And now Rin is on to me..." I explained.

   "Awww my precious little baby is in love! Since I'm super proud of you, I'll help you with whatever you need! What do you want to do?" My brother asked me.

   "Frame someone else." I said.

   "Who do you have in mind?"

   I leaned forward.

   "Gumi Megpoid."

————

   Miku's POV

   "Come on faster! Haha!"

   Luka and I held hands as we ran down the city street. Her car broke down and it was raining, plus it was late out. But we really didn't care. We finally made it home and went up to her room to dry off. I laid on her bed in a white lace dress brushing tangles out my hair. Luka laid beside me in a dress like mine but in black. 

   "Was tonight fun?" She asked wrapping her arms around me. 

   "Yeah! I really like that place! The waiters actually looked like they liked their job!" I said.

   Luka laughed and kissed my cheek.

   "You're such a silly girl~" She said. 

   I laid on her chest to feel her warmth.

   "You know I saw Akaito while I was out today!" I said to strike up a conversation.

    "Oh really? What's he up to?"

   "Said Kaito wanted him for something. I don't know what to be honest." said.

   Luka nodded.

    "Have you noticed Kaito has been acting different latley?" She asked.

   "Yeah I have actually..." I sat up for a second, Luka sat up with me, and held me.

    "I don't know what it is, but he seems different... like he's a different person..." I said resting my head on her shoulder. "Plus he always looks tired or annoyed... I think he said something about having trouble sleeping at night too..."

    Luka ran a hand through my hair.

    "He might be overdo for a system check." She leaned closer to my ear.

   "Hey you feel cold. Want me to warm you up...?" She asked in a deep tone.

   I gave a small smile, knowing exactly what she meant.

   "Yeah. I love you Luka..." I said.

   She gave me a peck on the lips.

   "I love you too, cutie."