Chapter Fourty-Five

TP's POV

   Moonlight shone through all the windows and reflected off the ocean.

   Len stood by a mirror at the dresser staring at his own reflection. He had his hair let out and was dragging his fingers through it, inspecting it's length.

   "Hey, Kaito?"

   "Yes, baby?" The older male walked up and put his hands on Len's hips from behind.

   "Should I cut my hair?" Len asked.

   "No, it looks so cute long~!" Kaito made a playful pout face.

   "I look like a girl!" Len said.

   "You're not a girl." Kaito nuzzled Len's neck, "You're my lil' prince~"

   Len blushed then looked back at Kaito and kissed him.

   "Then you're my king~" He said.

   They both laughed a bit before kissing. The sound of the doorbell rang through the house, interrupting them. They pulled away from each other.

   "I'll get it." Len said before rushing downstairs.

   He brushed hair out his eyes as he pulled the door open. Miku stood there. She only wore her blue-heart print pajama shirt and shorts, along with sneakers. Her face was tear stained.

   "Miku? Did something happen, why aren't you at home?" Len asked.

   The girl breathed in and held herself.

   "I know who you're marrying. Let me speak to him." She said.

   Len felt sweat fall down his head.

   "How much do you know...?"

   "That's just it. I don't know anything. That's why I need to see him and talk to him face-to-face..." Miku said sternly.

   Len almost protested, but nodded and let her in. He led Miku to the couch and handed her tissues to dry her face.

   "Give me a second." Len ran upstairs.

   After a few minutes Kaito came down. He looked over at Miku, who was hugging herself and still crying. She glanced and saw him beside her and slowly stood. Kaito honestly didn't like the way she was staring at him. He knew very well her memories were gone and why. He had to be careful with what he said.

   "You wanted to see me?" He said.

   Miku nodded lightly and sniffled.

   "Yes..." She started, "I'm sick of all the lies... I just want to know... who are you... why are there so many songs and photos of us together... why won't anyone tell me who you are..."

  Kaito stared at his sister then went toward her.

   "Miku... you wanna know who I am...?" He put his hands on her shoulders, "I'm your older brother. I'm the first male Vocal. When you were first created you were always following me around. At first I didn't like you that much... because you took all of our Master's attention... I kept trying to push you away because I thought... I wasn't ready for a sister..."

   He smiled a bit at her.

   "But I grew to love you after time... I really grew to love and be proud of having you as my little sister..."

   Tears slipped from Miku's emerald eyes.

   "Why... why would they ever erase my memories of you...?" She gasped.

   Kaito held Miku's hands, still with his eyes on hers.

   "Well you see... I suffered a serious malfunction in my system and... it caused me to so something that was really bad... and it caused you to lose your sanity... so they had to erase your memories to restore your mental state..."

   Miku had a look of disbelief.

   "Then... what am I supposed to believe... what did you do?" She asked desperately.

   "Ah... let's just say... what you know about the murders is wrong..."

   Miku was loosening her grip on Kaito's hands.

   "What happened...?"

   "I'm so sorry... but I'm worried if I say your mental state will be damaged again..." He said, "But I promise you'll know soon... just please understand and believe me..."

   Miku suddenly held his hands tighter as tears began falling like waterfalls.

  "I do, I swear...!"

   "Miku, are you alright?!"

    The girl started trembling and bawling. She fell to her knees with her hands over her face. Kaito dropped on his knees in front of her.

   "I-I feel so terrible...! I yelled a-at Luka... she must hate m-me...! Sh-She must think I h-hate her..."

   Kaito hugged her tight.

   "Miku, don't cry... Luka loves you more than life she could never hate you...!" He said.

    "I told here I was done with her...! I feel like crap!!" Miku screamed before starting to cry again.

   Len rushed in the room with worry on his face.

   "Is she alright?!" He asked.

   "She's having a mental breakdown." Kaito said. Len sat beside them and touched Miku's shoulder.

   "Miku-Chan, are you ok?"

   She rubbed her eyes hiccuping lightly.

   "I broke Luka's heart...I don't know what's wrong with me...!"

  Kaito brushed hair out her face and kissed her forehead.

   "Don't cry, Miku... go on in the bathroom right there and wash your face, ok? We'll let you stay the night..." He said.

   "Yes, you're always welcome here." Len said rubbing her back.

   She nodded then slowly stood and went in the bathroom. Len watched her leave then looked back at Kaito.

   "Will she be ok...?" He said.

   "I don't know... I just hope her mental state won't be damaged again..." Kaito said brushing his fingers through his hair.

   "Ah..!" He gripped his head and hissed lightly.

   "Are you ok?" Len touched his forehead.

   "I'm... I'm alright... I think I'm just getting a bit of a migraine—OW!" Kaito grabbed both sides of his head and groaned.

   "Damn, this really hurts...!"

   Len quickly led him to their room and got him to lie down on the bed.

   "You're probably just stressed. You've been doing a lot for me lately..." Len kissed his forehead, "You deserve some rest, baby. I'll get you some water and aspirin."

   He pecked Kaito's lips one more time before going in their bathroom. Kaito sighed deeply and grabbed his head as excruciating pain rushed throughout his body. He breathed in but heard static...

   'Who is doing this to me...'