Chapter Thirty-One

TP's POV

   Meiko sat on the couch by herself. A storm banged on the window outside, occasionally being followed by lightning. Len was upstairs in his room. He wouldn't talk to Meiko or any of the police. They had all went searching for Kaito, but gave up after a few hours. Miku had completely lost it and broke down, eventually passing out. Luka and Kiyoteru took her back to Sega to make sure her mental state wasn't damaged. Now Meiko was home alone with Len. She hugged her legs to her chest and sighed a bit.

   "Kaito... no wonder you refused to love me..." She thought aloud, "Your heart had a goal to keep Len..."

   She frowned and shivered from the chill.

   "I miss when we were still being developed... you were such a big crybaby, you never did anything unless me or Kiyo were beside you..." Meiko laughed a bit.

   "I still remember when you got to try ice cream for the first time... you looked so cute when your eyes lit up and you smiled... you're such a cutie..."

   She laughed again, then slowly lost the smile. It was replaced with a sad look and teary eyes.

  "Kaito... I had no idea you were upset that you were a Failure because of me... I guess I can't complain... you had no idea I was in love with you all these years..."

    A sudden crash outside scared her. She stared at the window and slowly stood, holding herself.

   "But I can't love you anymore... the playful carefree guy I fell in love with is gone... and was replaced with a cold-blooded, demonic killer..."

   She slowly began to walk upstairs. As she walked past Len's room she stopped and looked at his door. Meiko hesitated, then went up and lightly knocked on the door.

   "Len-Kun? How are you doing?"

   There was no answer.

    "Len, please. I'm worried about you, I just want to make sure you're ok!" She said.

   Still no answer. Meiko was beginning to feel concerned. She grabbed the doorknob then pushed open the door.

   "Len?"

   He wasn't there. The window was wide open.

————

   Len's POV

   I had to run away. I had to know Kaito was alright.

   I finally understood now. It wasn't Kaito's fault, his mind had a virus of some sort that's tampering with his emotions and feelings. That explained the way his eyes changed color and his malfunctioning. If he truly was insane... he wouldn't have let me live... he would have killed me right then and there...

   And I knew... I must have still cared about him... I ran away from safety rather toward it...

   Maybe... maybe I do still love him...?

   I had to see him again. I had to make things right. I had to know he was ok! The rain was harsh, but I don't care. I knew by now Meiko found out I was gone. She's probably called Master by now... but that doesn't matter...

   Kaito is all that matters now...

————

GUYS!
There used to be a message about a Zelda fanfic, but none of you cared about it do I deleted it. But there is are Bendy and Splatoon fanfics I'd like you to check out! Here they are, pwease read!

 But there is are Bendy and Splatoon fanfics I'd like you to check out! Here they are, pwease read!