Chapter Fourty-Six

Meiko's POV

   Almost there... I was almost there...

   I already erased all the files containing Kaito's self defense software. Now when he comes to the company later so Kiyoteru can check his system, he'll be vulnerable and unable to defend himself.

   I'll be able to uninstall him...

   I woke up early for this. I drove straight to the company and ran to the Character Lab. It was still extremely early, so not many employees were here and most of the live-in characters were still asleep. I dug around on Kaito's special computer looking through all the really important files. I didn't know what else I had to remove... and I seriously didn't know how I'd be able to uninstall him...

   When a character was damaged or bugged, everyone in the lab dropped everything to make sure they were ok. Including Master there would be at least 15 people around Kaito. I needed some sort of distraction...

   I thought on it as I looked through Kaito's memory files, then I came across one memory.

   It was a day about a year ago... there was a meeting going on. Some characters were usually standing by the walls as everyone at the table talked. It was on this particular day Knuckles and Kiryu got in an argument... then the two were all out fighting.

   During that time, Kiyoteru was extremely focused on work until the fight started. He immediately got the kids that were present at the meeting out the room and went to help other employees stop the fight.

   "He won't pay attention to Kaito... if a fight is going on..."

   That was my chance. I only had to get two characters to start fighting...

   Gakupo and Bayonetta haven't exactly been getting along lately... they never really seemed to like each other... It wouldn't be suspicious if they got in a fight...

   I had to make sure they got in a fight during Kaito's examination. That way Kiyoteru will be distracted...

   I immediately got up and ran through the halls. Gakupo lived with Haku in a different part of the city, so I had to find Bayonetta. I checked the dressing room by the Photo Studio. Of course she was there by one of the mirrors.

   "Hi, Bayonetta

   "Hi, Bayonetta..."

   She only looked at me sideways while fixing her hair.

   "Hello, Mei. Finally came to me for hair advice~?"

   I never liked this annoying woman.

   "No. It's not that—"

   "Clothes then? I don't know where you're getting such drab outfits, but you outta consider changing shops,"

   "My clothes are specially made!"

   "Then get a new designer,"

   I groaned and leaned by the vanity closest to her.

   "I'm not here to talk about myself. Actually it's a bit more about you..."

   The lie was already in motion. She continued to fix her hair, only looking at her reflection.

   "Oh really~? What about me~?" She said proudly and she stared combing her hair.

   "Gakupo said you dress tacky. Not just that, he says you don't deserve a 3rd game, said you're overrated or something."

   Bayonetta halted her action and eye twitched as she started to lose her cool. And I was only rocking the boat. Time to seal the deal.

   "And that boy from the new Persona game you've been mothering, what's his name, Akira? Ren? Gakupo said you teach him the wrong stuff and are just setting him up to be a viral slut,"

   There was a loud snap. The comb in Bayonetta's hand fell to the ground, broken in half.

   "... Is that what he thinks?"

   I nodded slightly and relaxed my voice so she'd buy the lie.

   "You deserved to know... I didn't think it was right for Gakupo to say such terrible things about you behind your back..."

  She made fists and blew hair out her eyes.

   "Are you ok...?" I asked.

   "Oh I'll be fine darling! I'll be sure to have a word with Kamui this evening!" Bayonetta smiled pleasantly before leaving the room in a lady-like manner. She definitely was pissed off.

   Alright. I just need to make sure Gakupo shows up later during Kaito's examination. Bayonetta is for sure to drag him into a fight...

   Nothing was stopping me from getting rid of Kaito...