Chapter Twenty-Two

TP's POV

   It happened fast.

   Kaito remembered Kiyoteru asking him to go out and buy some groceries for dinner tonight. Miku, Luka, and Len had gone out with him to go shopping for clothes in the nearby store. Kaito was crossing the street about to head home. Then Len was screaming his name.

   The next thing he knows he on the ground and a car zoomed by behind him.

   And when he sat up he could've sworn he just fallen into hell.

   The traffic light poured a satanic red glow over his lover, who lied in the street with the same terrifying red surrounding his frail body. The red Kaito found so beautiful was now the absolute worse color he's ever seen...

   Kaito was beginning to hyperventilate. His voice was struggling to go free.

   "No... no... no... no, no, no, no, NO!!!"

   He bolted to his feet and ran to Len's side. Len felt weak in his arms. Red was flowing down his head and from his stomach.

    "Len!! Stay with me, ok? Hold on, I'll save you...!!" Kaito couldn't stop the tears from going free.

   Len looked up at him and gave a weak smile.

   "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me... you know that...?"

   Kaito held Len tighter.

   "No, no! Please don't talk like that! Len, you'll be ok...!!" He cried.

   Miku's scream was heard nearby. Kaito saw her trembling in fear beside Luka, who was desperately calling the police, out the corner of his eye.

   "Kaito... smile for me..." Len said.

   "Wh-What...?"

   "I want... to see you smile... before I shutdown..."

   Kaito gritted his teeth and choked on his voice.

   "No, Lenny! You won't shutdown! You have to stay with me!! Don't leave me please..."

   Len placed a red hand on Kaito's cheek.

   "Please, Kaito-Nii... just smile for me..." He said calmly.

   Police sirens could be heard from afar. Kaito gripped Len's hand then slowly forced a smile.

   "Haha... Kaito-Nii has such a cute smile..." Tears were going down Len's face, "I'm gonna miss it so much... I love you so much..."

   Kaito still wore a smile as he cried more.

   "I-I love you too, baby..."

   He hugged him close. Len was slowly going limp in his arms. Kaito slowly lost his smile holding back his yells.

   "No... no... don't leave, you can't leave me... please, my love, don't leave me..." He quietly begged.

   Ambulances and police cars were pulling up. People came to load Len into an awaiting ambulance that would take him to Sega with hopes of being repaired before it was too late. Miku ran over to Kaito and hugged him as he began to slowly brake down.

    "Don't cry, Kaito... Len-Kun will be ok... everything will be ok...!" She said, although she was crying herself.

   Luka didn't say anything. She had her eyes glued ahead.

   "Isn't that Meiko's car...?!" She cried.

   Miku and Kaito looked in the direction of the car. Just as they did Rin had gotten out and froze in her place when she saw them. Kaito went silent. He slowly got back to his feet and started walking toward her. Rin wanted to run, but her legs wouldn't let her.

   "K-Kaito...listen..."

   "You did it..."

   His voice sounded like the devil was speaking.

   "I swear that wasn't my intention...! I didn't want to hurt Len...!"

   "Then what were you trying to do?" Kaito grabbed her arm, eyes turning that violet.

    Miku and Luka were staring at Rin. The blonde girl was struggling to find her words.

   "Answer me!!" Kaito yelled.

   Rin started crying again and stuttered.

   Miku moved forward a little.

    "Rin... you were trying to kill Kaito...?"

   She looked at Miku and all she saw was pain in her eyes.

   "Miku... I..."

   "You were trying to kill my brother...?!"

   Rin had an ashamed look. She slowly dropped her head, quietly sobbing. Kaito leaned close to Rin and said in a dark tone:

   "You're going to fucking re̵g̰͔̦͝R̻Ét͝ this..."

   Luka went up and pulled Kaito away then looked at Rin with a stern look. She didn't even notice the bluenette had red in his eyes.

    "Rin. I think you should spend some time with the authorities. I've already called Master. I'm ashamed of your behavior!" she said.

   Rin put her hands over her face trying not to look at anyone.

   'What was I thinking? My family will never trust me again! Now my twin may die...!'

   She looked up at Miku and Kaito. They were speaking with one of the police officers. Then they were turning to leave.

   Rin found herself quickly running toward Miku, and hugging her tight.

   "Miku, hold on!"

   "Don't touch me!!" The older girl tried to push her away.

   "Listen to me, Kaito really is insane! He's a Yandere! He's got a virus, Akaito is going to use him to kill us!"

   "You're the one that's insane!"

   Rin held tighter to her and said in her ear.

   "Just trust me. The evidence is in his laptop, please you're my best friend! Please believe me, Miku!!" She cried.

   A police officer came and pried Rin off Miku and dragged her to a car.

   "No! Wait-Miku please trust me!! Find the proof, please!!" She cried.

   Miku stared at her as she was thrown in a police car. Kaito put an arm around her then said softly.

   "Miku-Chan, let's go home... I can't stay here any longer..." He said with pain in his voice.

   Miku nodded slightly and held her brother's hand tight. Rin's words were re-playing in her mind. Kaito's touch was suddenly strange. It felt foreign... almost like his warmth went below zero.

    She glanced up at him. Tears were falling down his face and his eyes lost their happy glow. His eyes were a mixture of sadness and a blank state. Almost like he was more emotionless than sad...

   Miku could've sworn she saw red flicker in his azure orbs...

   Her grip on his hand loosened slightly...

   A phrase repeated itself again in her head.

   'The evidence is in his laptop...his laptop...'