Chapter Seventeen

TP's POV

    Luka placed a tray with two cups of tea on the table. She sat beside Miku and put an arm around her. The younger girl was on the couch hugging her legs to her chest as she sobbed.

    "Sweetie, are you feeling better?"

    Miku rubbed tears from her eyes.

    "I thought Rin was my friend... she's been lying this whole time..." She gasped.

   Luka hugged Miku and kissed her cheek.

    "Please don't cry, sweetie... tears don't look right on your pretty face..."

    Miku let out a few more cries, hugging Luka tight and hiding her face in her neck. The older woman, in return, rubbed her back and slid her fingers in her hair.

    "Listen, sweetie... I think the best thing you can do is talk to Rin... maybe you should try and work things out. You two are best friends..."

   Luka smiled a bit and nuzzled her lover's hair.

   "I know you two can't hate each other forever. I trust everything will be ok..."

   Miku was silent for a second. Then she looked up at Luka and quickly kissed her. When she pulled away she had a smile.

   "How was I so lucky to end up with you?"

   Luka smiled and brushed Miku's remaining tears away with her thumb.

   "We were just meant to be."

————

    Kaito's POV

    I leaned on a wall watching Master run all over his office throwing open every drawer and dropping papers everywhere.

   "Uhm... Dad, do you need help...?" I asked.

    "I'm fucking dead! Rin's opinion is all over the damn Internet! This could ruin us!"

   Sweat was falling down his head making him take off his glasses multiple times to dry his face.

   "And of course Nintendo will take the chance to pull forward and shame us again!" I could literally see the insane look on his face, "And then the boss will be mad! Ahaha—IM GONNA LOSE MY DAMN JOB!"

   He threw everything off his desk and his glasses cracked. I've know him for years and I still don't get how his glasses break when he's mad. I went behind him and put my hands on his shoulders.

   "Ok... let's calm down before someone gets hurt..."

   I sat him down in his chair rubbing his shoulders. When Meiko and I were first created, we would usually calm Kiyoteru down when he was mad by rubbing his back and talking calmly with him.

   "Don't be too upset. I'm sure everything will be fine." I said.

   "People... are going to fucking hate us..." He half-growled.

   I pressed my thumbs harder in his back and softened my tone.

   "I'm sure you can get the interviewers again. Maybe we can do something?" I suggested.

   "I didn't even know there was one the first time! Unless... a private interview was scheduled... and my assistant didn't remind me—CHIHO!!"

   His scream made me jump back. His assistant, Chiho Fuan, ran in stumbling over her own feet.

   "Uhm, y-yes Mr. Hiyama...?" She stuttered.

   "Did you forget to tell me about a private interview?"

   Chiho was trembling in her place.

   "Um... well... I was asked... by the people from PDFT Magazine... for an interview with someone... and kinda forgot about it...?"

   Kiyoteru shot from his chair and practically screamed.

   "WOMAN, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?"

   Chiho squealed and ran away. I quickly sat him back down and took off his glasses.

   "Ok! Ok..." I grabbed his extra lenses from a drawer and started fixing his glasses, "How about I make your favorite coffee and get your favorite pocky so you can calm down, and I'll help you come up with a way to fix all of this. Okay?"

   I put his glasses back on his face and rubbed his shoulders a bit to get the extra anger out of him.

   "Yeah... yeah alright... I guess that'll work..."

   I smiled then gave him a light hug.

   "Ok. And stop raging you're scaring everyone, dad~!" I joked.

   He laughed a bit and ruffled my hair before I walked out. As I walked down the hall my phone went off. I quickly answered.

   "Hey Kai-Kai~! How's it going, the news report is a success~!" I heard Akaito yell.

   "It's fine. How did you do all of that anyway?" I asked.

   "Well the Interviewer happens to be my smoking hot babe, so I got her to show up for a fake interview and gave her a fake story to give the press~!"

   "Wow that's amazing." I said.

   "What, the fact your dashing and awesome big brother can do all that?"

   "No the fact you got a girlfriend."

   I heard him groan over the phone as I laughed.

   "You're so damn lucky you're adorable or I'd fuckin' kick you!!" He yelled.

   "Whatever. Just keep up the good work, alright?" I said.

   "Whatever, man. I'm out, I need to go show my girl a good time."

   "Gross! Akaito, I don't need details!"

   I heard him laughing before he hung up. I put my phone away before continuing to the break room. I saw a photo of Len and Rin on the wall as I was walking. Something about it hurt my head...

   I can't let Rin damage my love for Len... I just can't...