Chapter Three

Len's POV

    I don't know why I can't stop crying...

    It's been a week since Neru's death. In an attempt to make me feel better, we all went out to the park gardens, but I felt so empty.

    How could this even happen...? I didn't even think I would care this much... sure Neru was really Tsundere, and she would call me a loser, and hit me a lot but... I actually did like her...

    I felt a hand on my shoulder and two arms wrap around me.

    "Len are you doing ok...?" Miku asked softly.

    "Please stop crying, you need to move on..." Rin held me tighter.

    I rubbed my eyes, unable to stop my tears and spoke in a hushed tone.

    "Can we just go home...? I don't feel like being outside..."

    "Ok, I'll tell the others..."

    Miku hurried off to find Meiko, Luka, and Kaito. In no time, we were back in the car and on the way home. Everyone had sad expressions; wether it was for Neru or me, I didn't know. Yet...

   Kaito didn't look sad...

   His expression was more... blank...

    His eyes were vacant and he just stared out the window, as if he were waiting for something to happen...

   What's wrong with him...?

————

   Kaito's POV

    This was really hard... my baby is sad, and I can't do anything because Miku and Rin were already all over him.

    What was harder, was not smiling at the fact Neru was dead. I had to keep an expressionless face when it was announced to the company that she died, and bite my thumb so I wouldn't laugh when they said she couldn't be repaired!

    The drive home was silent except for the music playing on the radio. Meiko was driving with Luka up front, and Miku, Rin, Len, and I were in the back. Len was right next to me and Miku was on my other side. Rin was passed out with her face squished on the window, and Miku was asleep on my shoulder. Len was dozing off too then...

    His head fell on my shoulder! Something sparked in my head.

    "Oh, sorry..." He realized what he did and moved away.

    "No no. It's ok," I said putting my arm around him, my hand trembling. Len slowly put his head on my shoulder again.

    I put my other arm around Miku, in case Meiko or Luka looked back and questioned me.

    I ended up falling asleep with my head against Len's.

———-

    TP's POV

    When they returned home Len locked himself in his room.

    "Poor Len-Kun. He's really sad..." Miku said.

    "He'll get better soon. Come on we're gonna miss our movie!" Rin said grabbing her coat.

    "What are you two going to see?" Meiko asked.

    "Anabelle,"

    "Guys, no that's gonna give you both nightmares!"

    "No, we can handle it!"

    Kaito was ignoring the argument. He didn't even think Len would be this upset about Neru. By now Miku and Rin were yelling over Meiko, and Kaito could barely think.

    "Oh my god! If they want to go to that stupid movie let them!" He cried before walking up stairs.

   "Okay fine then! You can deal with them when they're crying about dolls coming to kill them!" Meiko cried.

    Rin and Miku were already gone.

————

    Len's POV

    "Hey, Len?"

    I heard Kaito's voice outside my door, and poked my head out from under my blankets.

    "What do you want Kaito...?" I said.

    "Can I come in?"

   I sat up rubbing my wet face before going to the door and unlocking it.

    "What is it?" I said.

    "Do you want to talk?" Kaito asked.

    I was in a really bad mood. Neru has been murdered, and Kaito was talking like it was all normal! Like Neru never was killed... his face was just a caring look, just a normal Kaito face.

   "What the hell do you think?" I said. I didn't want to be mean, but I didn't know what to do...

   "Len... I know you're upset... please just let me talk with you..." Kaito said in the same tone.

   I made fists, like I was going to hit him, and I was holding back tears. Kaito held open his arms. I finally reached my braking point. I ran into his arms and bawled my eyes out. He held me close and stroked my hair. 

    "I feel horrible! I was with her, I should've been protecting her!" I cried.

   "It's ok Len. Neru-Chan is in a better place now. It's time to move on..." He whispered.

   I held tighter to him. Kaito moved on but he barely even knew Neru, it was easy for him... had I kept an eye on Neru I could've prevented her from being killed...

   I... really felt sick...

    I sniffled and tried my best to calm down before speaking again.

    "Thanks for trying to cheer me up... but I think I still need time to think..." I said quietly.

    He smiled at me.

    "Take all the time you need. It's late, go on and get some sleep, ok? Have a good night," He said.

   Then he kissed my cheek and walked away. I put a hand on my cheek blushing slightly.

   Why did he do that...?

   Is he... no no no. That isn't it. He wouldn't like me in such a way, we're like brothers... we wouldn't work out...

   We wouldn't....