Chapter Twenty-Seven

TP's POV

   Gakupo sat in the room beside Len.

    He continued to peacefully sleep. He didn't twitch or shiver at all; Len remained motionless for a long amount of time. In the past three days it seemed he hasn't shown any movement. Gakupo stroked his hair occasionally, hoping it would somewhat trigger him to awake. His heartbeat was still going steady and his system was stable. He was alright at least.

    Gakupo sighed and checked his phone.

    By now all of Japan knew about the incident. The story was on the news. Fans kept spamming the social media websites asking about Len's condition. And now, if the Vocaloids went in public without a proper disguise, news teams would mob them for more info.

   Gakupo looked at the clock. An engineer would show up in a few minutes to check Len's energy levels. He stood and brush hair from Len's face.

   "Wake up soon, alright? We're all really worried about you..."

   He was about to turn away but he quickly stopped.

   Len's fingers twitched slightly. His head moved to one side and he gasped. His eyes cracked open, but not fully.

   Gakupo's eyes went wide.

   "Len? Len!"

   He went back on his knees beside him, but a few workers came and pulled him away.

   "Kamui, you have to leave now."

    "N-No! Hold on! Let me see him! This is important, come on!!" He cried.

   They pushed him out the room shutting the door. An engineer came and said he would be allowed in after they checked on him. Gakupo stood dumbfounded for a few seconds before quickly grabbing his phone and calling Kiyoteru.

   "Master. Len is waking up!"

————

   Len's POV

   My head hurt like hell...

   Everything was dark. I finally opened my eyes to see engineers were all around me. One sat by me and asked how I was feeling. I honestly didn't know. The engineers then made sure my controls were still functioning properly and that I didn't lose any memories. They had to fix a few things, but I was fine in the end.

   After that they let me sit by myself for a while, so I just stared at the night sky out my window. The city lights glowed beautifully but not as well as the stars in the sky. I sighed a little, touching the bandages on my head. I was starting to worry. I've been asleep for three days. How much has happened while I was gone...?

    Kaito must be worried about me... I can still see his crying face at the intersection where someone hit me...

   I continued to stare out the window, until I heard the door open and close. I looked over and smiled softly at the person in front of me.

   Kaito smiled back then came over and hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around him trying not to cry.

   "Baby, I missed you so much..." He said in my ear. I held tighter to him.

    "How could I ever leave you? You mean too much..." I said.

   He pulled back, tears falling down his face, and touched my cheek.

   "I love you so much, baby..."

   I dried his tears and smiled back.

    "I love you even more..."

   He leaned in and kissed me gently, cupping my face. I kissed back putting my arms around his neck.

   I felt like all my worries were gone now...

————

   TP's POV

   Miku walked in the house with a dull look.

   She spent half her time at Sega, trying to rest her mind. Sonic agreed he wouldn't say anything until Miku was ready, given the state she was in. Miku looked around the empty room and started toward the stairs. Then she stopped when something caught her eye.

   The basement door was open a crack... why would anyone be down there...?

   Miku found herself going to the door and pulling it open. She slowly started walking down the steps. Miku felt nervous as she moved. What could be down here? Could someone have broken in? She finally reached the bottom and looked around.

   "Hello...? Is someone in here...?"

   Miku walked further in, nervously biting her lip. She looked around more then saw something.

   Her heart stopped. Her breath went away. She fell to her knees as waterfalls fell from her eyes.

   Rin lied on the ground in a red puddle, with a gun still in her hand.