Chapter Twenty-One

Len's POV

    I heard Master yelling at Rin from my room.

    I sat on my bed with Kaito; he was behind me brushing my hair. We didn't speak much after he got back home with Rin.

   "Sweetie...?"

    I felt him touch my cheek and turn my head to look at him.

   "You've been so quiet, what's wrong, baby?"

    I sighed softly.

   "I think... Rin and I are drifting apart..." I said slowly, "First it was the article on those awful things she said... then we got in a huge fight that was my fault... and now... ugh, I don't even know..."

    Kaito put the brush he was using down then wrapped his arms around me. He planted a kiss on my cheek and breathed against my ear as he spoke softly to me.

    "Don't be upset, baby. Nothing is your fault..." He said.

    "It is my fault! She's mad we're together! She hates our love! Sh-She even thinks you'd harm others and that I'm blind to all of this...!" I had to rub tears from my eyes.

    "Kaito... I really love you... but... I'm scared our love is causing Rin to hate me..."

    Kaito was holding me tighter.

    "Y-You're... you're not saying we should break up are you...?"

   I felt my stomach knot. I didn't even know what I wanted anymore...

   "Kaito... I... I think we—"

   He instantly slammed his lips in mine.

————

   Kaito's POV

   My head was hurting and I was sure something in my system would blow...

    I can't lose him! I've gotten too far, I can't lose my precious baby now...

    When I kissed him I pinned him to the sheets and held tight to him. I pulled away with a desperate look.

    "Len, please don't say what you're thinking...!" I begged.

    "Kaito... I don't want this to make Rin hate me... I really—"

    I kissed him again but he pushed me away this time...

    "Kaito, stop that...! Why won't you..." He stopped mid-sentence and stared at me.

   "Are... you crying...?"

    I was crying. There was no way I was losing my Len-Kun now. Just thinking about losing him was tearing my heart in half; almost literally. I said the best thing I could think of.

   "Len... when I found out Gumi was killing people in order to keep you... I was scared... I've known you for so long, she could've hurt you too... I don't want that Len...!"

    I leaned closer to him.

    "The day you were first created was the happiest day of my life... I swore to myself that I'd protect you and love you when I saw you. You were weak at the time, I was so worried you'd die... I pray every night that you're alive and happy... because I mean it when I say this, I love you. I love you more than music, I love you more than ice cream, I love you more than my own life! Len you're the whole world to me... I'd die to keep you safe, darling... I... I'm broken without you...!"

    He had a stream of tears going down his red face by now.

    "I... I-I didn't know your feelings were s-so strong..." He gasped.

    I dried his tears and did my best to smile at him.

    "Well they are... I really really love you, Len-Kun..." I said.

    He reached up and touched my wet face and smiled before hugging me tight.

    "I love you too...!!"

    I hugged him back crying happy tears. I had pulled him back in. I kissed him again and he was more than happy to kiss back.

   When we pulled away Len touched my cheek.

    "Kaito-Nii...?"

   I put my hand over his, never taking my gaze off those beautiful clear skies he called eyes.

   "Yes, my love?"

   He blushed then smiled softly.

   "Stay here tonight... keep me warm..."

————

   TP's POV

    Rin felt herself tremble as she got up from Meiko's car.

   'Is this it...? Am I seriously doing this...?' She thought.

   She looked down the road at a cross walk. Kaito was at it, in his usual attire to keep from being mobbed, holding a grocery bag in his left hand and his phone in the other.

   Rin gritted her teeth and rubbed some tears from her face.

  'No. I have to do this. I need to do this! This is for Len's safety! I NEED TO END KAITO SHION!!'

    Rin got back in the car and started moving. The light turned red. Kaito started walking across the street.

   But Rin moved faster.

   Kaito was unaware.

   Rin gripped the wheel and was moving faster at each passing second. Tears were falling down her face as memories flew through her head.

   Memories from her and Len's first development. The time she first met Miku. The time she first met Meiko. The time she first met Kaito...

   When she was too scared to use her voice Kaito was the one that encouraged her. When Len was infected by a virus and unable to function Kaito was the one to keep her calm.

   It was always Kaito...

   Rin rubbed her face with one had and forced a look of rage

    "I'm sorry, Onii-Chan... but your life needs to come to an end now... thanks for the good memories..."

   She was closing in.

   "Goodbye, Kaito..."

   But the next thing that happened was unexpected...

   Kaito had fallen... and her twin brother was in his place...