Chapter Seven

Len's POV

    "Rin where are you talking me?"

    "You'll see!"

    Rin was holding my arm and pulling me down the city streets. The area seemed familiar, I recognized the ice cream place Kaito and I would go to together, and the store that sold all those hair accessories Miku liked.

    Then Rin pulled me into an alleyway between two stores. It was quiet here, and there weren't any people around.

   "Rin what's going on? Why are we here?" I asked.

    Rin pulled a small box out her pocket.
It was white with a sparkly yellow bow tied around it. She held it out to me.

    "This is for you." She said.

    I slowly took the box. I hesitantly undid the pretty ribbon and opened it up. Rin was a real prankster. She usually made joke boxes that would explode when someone opens them. One time she gave one to Miku and baby powder blew up in her face. Another time she gave one to Meiko and she got a face-full of whipped cream.

   But nothing blew up with this one.

    Lying on a soft pillow was a necklace with a little charm that looked like a game controller.

   "Rin...?" I said slowly.

    "I know you love gaming so much. I found a really cool jewlery store that made necklaces as presents. And you've been so upset, so... I thought I'd try to make you feel better..." She said with her hands behind her back.

   I didn't know how to react.

   "That's... Rin that's really sweet of you," I looked back at the necklace. "I love it..."

   Rin made a soft then dropped it to a frown.

    "Listen Len. I took you out here because I wanted to make sure nobody hears me when I say this." She put her hands on my shoulders and made a stern face, "Len. I understand now there's someone in love with you. Neru and Teto's deaths weren't a coincidence. Someone, I don't know who, is going Yandere over you." She said.

   I practically almost lost myself at her words. Someone... a Yandere over me...? Sure, I've seen some crazy fans claim to be Yandere, but never anything like this!

   "Rin how is that possible, who would be that crazy!" I said.

   "I don't know but just think about it! Neru was murdered! And I've known Teto for years, she's an excellent swimmer! It makes no sense for her to just drown! Somebody wants you to love them and only them..." Rin said.

   I could hear fear in her voice.

   "Now Len. Think." She tightened her grip. "Have you ever seen or met anyone suspicious. Like maybe a weird fan at one of the conventions, or maybe someone always trying to flirt with you?" She asked.

   One person was in my mind now.

   Kaito...

   But it can't be him! He's always caring towards everyone, he acts just like a big brother, and he's never hurt anyone! I mean he works part time as a lifeguard in the summertime! He loves to help other people!

   But when we were in his room earlier... and he was shirtless...

   No... it can't be him...

   "Rin... I think I know... I just don't believe it's who I think it is..." I finally said.

   "Who? Len I need to know who!" Rin said sternly.

   I breathed in then spoke.

   "Kaito. I think it may or may not be Kaito..."