Chapter Thirty-Nine

Kaito's POV

   Words can't describe how I felt...

   Len still loved me... even after everything I've done...

   We made plans to leave the area and find a place of our own. Akaito already knew he had to go with Luka to talk to Master. Len and I held hands as we walked back to Akaito's house. I glanced at him as we did. He wore such a beautiful smile... how was he so happy...?

   "Kaito-Nii?"

   I was slightly startled when he spoke. He touched my cheek lightly and looked at my eyes.

   "You feel warm... did you get sick?"

   I blushed when I caught his sky-color eyes.

   "I... was kinda sick the past few days... but I'm feeling better now, don't worry..." I said.

   "I'm supposed to worry about you! You're my true love." Len said smiling at me.

   I felt my heart knot. I gripped his hand tighter, with a sudden urge to cry.

   "Len... I don't understand..." I swallowed a bit, "How are you still in love with me... I took away lives that were important to you... I took away your sister, your only blood relative... how can you still love me...?"

   Len stopped walking and put a hand on my cheek. He looked straight into my eyes and kissed me softly on the lips. He pulled away and put his arms around my neck.

   "None of it was your fault. We know Akaito messed with your system, we're not blaming you. And, no offense, but your brother is a real dick for what he did."

   That managed to get us both to laugh. His face was turning bright pink as he continued.

   "Ever since we first met... when you encouraged me... I've loved you... I was always worried I'd be turned down by you, so I kept denying it... but when you asked me if I'd love you it was the happiest day of my life..."

   Len hugged me with his face in my chest.

   "I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for you... I love you very much, Kaito-Nii..."

   Tears finally broke through. I slowly hugged him back, holding him as if letting go would mean losing him.

   "I love you too, Len-Kun..."

   He leaned up and kissed me again. I kissed back putting my hands on his cheeks. When he pulled away he intertwined our fingers and kissed my nose.

   "You're really cute, you know that?" 

   I blushed and moved hair out his face.

   "Yeah, but you're cuter than me~" I said.

   He blushed this time, but suddenly hissed and touched his head. He gritted his teeth and jerked his eyes shut.

   "Are you ok?" I asked, worriedly.

   "Y-Yeah... I'm fine, just felt a—OW!" He gripped his head and fell on his knees.

   I dropped beside him, holding him.

   "Len?!"

   I could hear the slight feedback from his system. His voice was starting to sound like static as he breathed.

   "I... I ThiNk s-SometHIng is WrOng with mY syStem..."

   I quickly picked him up and carried him bridal style.

   "Akaito has a Software Laptop at home. I'll check it there." I told him starting to run.

   This started bugging me as I carried him...

   First my system acts up and now his? What the hell was going on...?