Chapter 4:

The doorbell jolts me from my sleep, my eyes flying open. I find my clothes on the floor, my pajamas strayed on the rack.

"Harry..."

I grumble under my breath, pulling on a tanktop and plaid pants and running to the door. The clock on the wall blinks noon. We overslept.

"Hey sweetie!"

Mom smiles, Scarlette running in to hug my legs behind her.

"Mommy Mommy!!"

Scarlette shouts, smiling wide and showing her teeth-missing smile.

"Hey baby! how was the sleepover with Mamaw Andrea?"

I ask, picking her up and setting her on the counter.

"Great! I got loads of candy!"

She giggles, grinning at Andrea, which Mom gently returns.

"Hun, why dont you go unpack?"

"okay!"

i set her down. And Scarlette goes running into her room, pulling the little pink suitcase behind her.

"Rough night?"

Mom chuckles as its clear we are alone. I laugh, walking over to the kitchen bar.

"Maybe..."

I look around, unwrapping a pop tart. Harrys head pops around the corner of our bedroom, looking at who's here and scanning the area.

"Hi Harry,"

Mom grins, waving. His eyes shoot wide and forces a cheeky smile.

"Hi Mrs. Swift!"

I scoff, laughing into my hands.

"uhm, I'll be right out,"

He says before disappearing into the bedroom and emerging in sport shorts with a tanktop.