Chapter 5:

The late afternoon sun shines onto Harrys chest, reflecting off from the sunscreen. Scarlette is busy decorating the final touches of the sand castle we helped her build. She looks confused, rubbing a spot on her neck.

"Mommy, what is this?"

She asks, wandering over to the umbrella where we're sitting. I look at where she's pointing, a blackish spot that has a knot type lump on top of it.

"I'm not sure, baby. Harry, look at this,"

I say to Harry, moving Scarr over to Harrys chair next to me. He removes his dark sunglasses, sitting up.

"I don't know, uh, can you go get a drink from the cooler for me, love?"

Harry says nervously, sending Scarlette skipping up the beach. Harry turns to me, a distressed look plastered on his face.

"Babe, we gotta get Scarr to a hospital. I'm really worried,"

"Why? what do you think it is?"

"I'm not sure, but its not something I've seen before,"

We stand up, grabbing our towels and bags and walking up the beach to the house.

"Here's your drink, daddy!"

Scarlette exclaims, thrusting the diet coke up at him. He smiles, picking her up onto his shoulders.

"Where are we going?"

She giggles as he straps her into the car sear. I sit in the passenger seat, sweat trickling down my back. My baby cant be sick, she seems perfectly fine and happy.

"You have a checkup at the doctors' today, Scarr,"

Harry mumbles, focused on getting to the hospital. She frowns, sensing to not ask any more questions even though her personality suggests constant talking. I look at Harry, his green eyes concentrated on the road, his fingernails digging into the steering wheel as he speeds down the street. I quickly wipe a stray tear, why am I crying? Nothing has even happened yet. Something just feels wrong.