Chapter 32:

A/N*

This chapters going to be tough to write ugh. *

Chapter 32:

•2 Weeks Later•

She's bed-ridden. Too weak to walk or play. Her last week will a week stuck under sheets. And that, well that's what makes me sick about it all. I enter her room carrying a bowl of hot soup and sweet tea, setting it up.

"I know why I'm still sick, mommy,"

She says, her voice disappointed as she frowns. I look up from what I'm doing, directing my attention.

"Why's that, baby?"

"The nurse made me take off my necklace daddy gave me, so the treatment didn't work," She mumbles, a few tears gathering in her eyes. My heart drops, closing my eyes and exhaling slowly.

"Do you think God will let me in Heaven?" She adds quietly after a few moments of silence. My eyes squeeze shut. She knows. She can sense it. She's not a stupid little girl, she's so smart actually. She can tell what we're thinking and why we were treating her different.

"Y-yeah," I reply shakily, sitting on the edge of the bed. She had gotten saved early. I really hope she understands.

"Is Heaven pretty, mommy? Will there be sandcastles there?" She asks, her eyes suddenly lighting up. How a little girl, with so much potential ahead of her, look forward to death will always be the big question. At least she is not dreading it, as I am. Even though I'm getting a heads-up, I'm not ready at all. I grip her tiny hand in mine.

"I'm sure, sweetie," I struggle to get out, brushing hair out of her face. She smiles weakly, a world of daydreams flashing through her eyes. So strong, so ready to get out of this horrid world. So beautiful.

"Please don't be sad, mommy. I'll be with my other Daddy!" She exclaims, smiling up at me. A smile so warm that you cant help but return.

"That's right, sweetheart. That is exactly right, superstar," I grin through my tears, using the nickname that has been trending on Twitter for months now. #SuperStarScarlette. It honestly reminds me of Ronan, the little boy I wrote about who died a similar way, but its different this time. This is my child. Scarr had freaked when she saw so many love-filled mentions of Superstar Scarlette. I pull out my phone, taking a picture of Scarlette and I with the caption 'My superstar is wishing for Heaven' to Twitter and watch as my mentions blow up.

"@MTV: Sincerity to @taylorswift13 and Superstar Scarlette. Our prayers go out to you guys"

"@Noitsbeckyy: Praying for you guys

"@hairflipswift13: FU cancer #SuperStarScarlette"

"@selenagomez: Cancer is one horrible thing. So many prayers to @Harry_Styles and @taylorswift13 #SuperstarScarlette"

"@NiallOfficial: Devastated."

The last one scares me a bit, Niall never tweets like that. I hope he's alright- what am I saying? Harry and I are the ones to be worried about. Speaking if Harry, where is he? I dial his number, putting it to my ear.

"Hey, where are you? Lunch is ready,"

"Outside in the woods, I'll come in. Everything okay with Scarr?"

"Uhm, well. She's okay, I'll tell you later,"

"okay, see ya in a second,"

"okay"

I hang up, pouring two drinks and laying the food out. I just cant stop thinking about Scarlette. Ugh.