Chapter 36:

••Taylors POV••

The scene consists of wild singing and dancing, blasting of Christmas music, and the eating of pumpkin bread. We both needed a moment like this to be honest. Just a few minutes to let go and forget our troubles, to just be ourselves for once in awhile. Harry starts the chorus to Santa Baby, acting like some kind of dancer you see in the Christmas parade. I decide to play along, sexily circling him and trailing my fingers.

"Santa Baby, come on down my chimney tonight," I sing, our faces just inches apart. My hand searches for the jam behind me, dipping a finger in and just as Harry leans in, I wipe it on his nose. I scamper back in a fit of laughter, his face in a smirk as he wipes it off.

"awh you cant just get away with that kind of seduction that easily," he growls, on one side of the counter. Trapped. He grabs a fistful of flour from the large bag I had bought, threatening to throw.

"I swear.. if you throw that at me, Harry Styles," I shout, pointing at him. Before I can react he jumps onto the counter and slides across it, wrapping me in his arms from behind. His hands covering my black shirt and pants in flour in the process.

"Harry!!!" I shout, struggling out of his grasp and pointing at him accusingly. He finds himself in a fit of laughter, doubled over. Then I realize how much I've missed his true laugh. Loud and with dimples shining out, causing you to laugh whether you want to or not.

We end up sprawled on the kitchen floor, eating the remainder of the pumpkin bread. Harry laughs softly, looking down at his feet.

"What?"

"nothing"

"tell me!"

"You got a little-" He grins, taking his thumb and tracing it on my bottom lip. We get a bit caught up in eachothers eyes, Harrys hand staying on my face. He leans in slowly, pushing our lips together gently. Our lips overlap the other, fitting together perfectly. Overwhelming comfort washes over me. My hand tangles in his hair while the other grips his arm that keeps his balanced. I pull back slowly, staring intently into his eyes. I can just always find comfort when I look into them, and I find it now. Our breathing is heavy, filling the silence. He smirks slightly, "you had a little something on your mouth too."

I sit on our bed, catching up on an old book I had put off due to the havoc circling around the last year or so. The librarian lady, Martha, (I had gone to the step to learn her name) had recommended me to read it when I got time. I hear the bathroom door open and a figure cross to the bed, a loose towel wrapped around his waist. I don't look up though, deciding to focus on the book rather than Harry at the moment.

"hey babe, when do you wanna head back to the main house?" He asks in a musky voice. He plops down beside me, staring intently at me. I close my book and place it on the bedside table.

"Soon, the memories here are heartbreaking." (A/N: didn't even mean to make the JB reference oh) I murmur, sighing quietly. He nods silently, playing with the ends of my hair. My mind has just been everywhere and nowhere at the same time lately. This week is just crazy.