Chapter 22:

{A/N: The note is written as a two year old would}

'Deer Mommy and Daddy

the nice nurse lady said I cant talk and I don't like that. do u now when I can because my throat hurts. I tink it hurts because when I went through the machene, they made me take off my neklace daddy gave me. I begged them to let me keep it on but they said no. I can rite more of these. I like them. Love you so so so much.

Love,

Scarlette

xoxoxoxxxoxoxoxo'

My hand covers my mouth as I blink back the tears, Harry reading it from over my shoulder. Scarlette sits there watching intently at our reactions.

"Scarr, baby, thank you so much sweetheart,"

I choke, standing up and hugging her tight. She looks so cute in her little hospital gown with pink polka dots decorating it, lighting up the bland hospital. Her attitude is literally unchanged from a few days ago, her beautiful blue eyes still just a sparkling. Harry joins me at her bedside, pushing the hair out of her face.

"You'll be out of here soon enough just as better, love,"

Harry murmurs to her, his hands twirling her hair, something that makes her go to sleep immediately. Like me. Her eyelids become heavy, drousily laying her head back onto the pillow.

"Sweet dreams, angel,"

I whisper into her ear, rubbing her arm lightly. Harry kisses her forehead gently as she goes into her dreamworld. We silently tiptoe out and close the door, alerting the nurse that Scarlette is asleep. Niall is sitting next to Demi, having a cute conversation when they see us.

"How is she?"

Niall says first, standing up to greet us. Harry looks down then back up at Niall, assuming he knows about the lack of speech.

"She's as good as she'll get at the moment, actually wrote us a letter. Its actually pretty cute,"

Harry explains to the group, handing the letter to Niall to pass around. I scan the people that came at such an early hour. Niall and Demi, Selena and Justin, Liam, and Mom. Mom had just arrived, talking to a bunch of people on the phone. Dad and Austin were somewhere I didn't really catch from Moms conversation. I was kindve blocking her out to be honest, I cant concentrate on anything these days. On the bright side, Harry is not as depressed as he was. He's hopeful and strong, always hugging me and trying to comfort me in any say he can. This is why I chose Harry, not because of his looks or fame (which is definately a bonus) but because of his heart.