Chapter 9:

"Ed,"

I mumble through the phone. We haven't talked in awhile- I mean he was in our wedding of course but we haven't talked since. Its been a bit awkward since Harry and I "broke up" that January and after that Ed honestly loved me. But quietly Harry and I were still in love, just privately. And he didn't know, and Ed's the one who ended up with his feelings hurt. Which is the last thing I wanted to happen.

"Taylor? Is everything alright?"

His british accent asks through the phone. He sounds confused and concerned, unusual.

"Not really. Its Scarlette, she-um well she has throat cancer Ed,"

"My baby has cancer,"

I add, my sobbing getting worst. Selena coos soothing words, trying to rub my back. The line stays quiet before it goes dead as though it was dropped. I hang up, slipping the phone into my pocket before silently approaching Harry.

"Can we go in? I need to see her,"

I whisper quietly. I know Harry feels the same and I also know how much I need to feel his touch.

"The nurse went back to ask, she should be back soon,"

He replies, almost monotone. I cant wait, I need him. My arms push away his hands as I wrap myself weakly around him, forgetting to speak to the crying boys around him. But they don't look up, if they did its only for a second. He hugs me tight, understanding how much I need him to be with me. His hands cup my cheeks, passionately placing a small reassuring kiss on my lips. I smile, warmth washing through me in a pit of ice cold.

"I love you,"

I whisper, resting my head on his shoulder. His soothing voice vibrating through his body,

"I love you too, babe. Always."