Chapter 29:

The blurred figures of beautiful red, yellow, and orange trees fly by anointing the mountain plains below. The winding road creates a parallel to our lives at the moment. With Scarlette and all. I get so confused when I'm with her because I just totally forget she's sick, she acts like she's fine. My hand rides the invisible air waves out the window, letting the wind blow my hair and savoring the moment.

"Here we are,"

Harry announces, snapping me from my thoughts. Scarlette cheers, bouncing around in her secure car seat. We both unconsciously laugh softly, still lost in our own daydreams. I turn to see the log mountain-house. It has a perfect view that shows the valleys between the mountains along with a small town nestled in the crook of them. Gorgeous. I unbuckle Scarr and run with her to the door, unlocking the oak door with little rocking chairs. Everything old-fashioned and wood made. Scarlette's mouth hangs open, staring up at the humongous ceiling above us.

"Wow. this place is humun-ga-gous,"

She says cutely, not being able to pronounce the word that's well beyond her vocabulary. Harry enters, tugging the bags behind him and dropping them at the door.

"Scarr, sweetheart, your room is the first one on the left," He breathes, resting his hands on his knees.

"Need some help with the bags, babe?" I laugh, placing a hand on his back. He grins, looking up warily at me like 'no I'm a man, I obviously lift luggage'.

"Don't worry, daddy. I got my bag," Scarlette states with a wink, strutting over and rolling her pink suitcase up the stairs.

"are you kidding? did I just get showed up by my 2 year old?" Harry laughs, picking up our luggage and carrying them up the maple staircase. I follow him into the bedroom and flattening myself on the king-size leaf-bed-covered bed. My body sinks into it, imprinting my outline.

"What time is it?" I mumble up to harry.

"7:15. I'll order some pizza if you'd like,"

Suddenly a high pitched yell echoes through the house and Scarr bursts into our room.

"Pizza!!! yes yes yes!!" She sings, jumping on our bed and worsening my pounding headache. Not that I'm going to get mad at Scarlette or anything. Harry smiles cheekily, throwing her up in the air and onto the bed. "Pizza it is,"