Chapter 17:

•Eds POV•

I wake up to find myself lying facedown on the sidewalk pavement behind the hospital. Warm liquid creates a puddle around my face, the main flow from my nose. I groan, attempting to sit up when I feel someone step on my back hard. It pops loudly, the bone cracking.

"OW! what the-"

I wheeze, looking up to see Harry. His green eyes are hardened and burn with a glowing rage. Yet I still don't regret what I did. I loved Taylor and Harry freaking knew it. Yet he went after her and dated her then broke up and the moment I was going to ask her out, he comes back as charming as ever. She knew I was in that room when she kissed Harry, but didn't see me leave. They were too busy. Always too busy for Ed. That's why I left.

"How could you do that? I thought we were best friends, Ed?"

Harry growls, squatting by my head. I look up, making sure to express one feeling. Anger.

"Were. Oh and don't act like you don't know why I did this. I loved Taylor and you stole her-"

I scoff at him, my voice coming off weak even though my heart is in everything I'm saying.

"Stole her? Are you kidding? I cant help who she loves."

He states plainly, laughing slightly at my statement. I know I'm about to get hit any second now.

"Go on. Hit me. You know you've been wanting to,"

"I've done my damage. But if you ever step in sight of my wife and my daughter, I will mess you up so bad that no one will recognize you,"

He growls, turning and entering the hospital without another word. Fine by me, not seeing him again. I can forget about Scarlette. But Taylor- I guess I have to.