Chapter 6:

We hurry up to the front desk, leaving Scarlette digging into the toys in the playroom. The lady at the desk obviously recognizes us, smiling a little too big but wipes it off when she sees our expressions.

"May I help you?"

She offers, looking us in our eyes. I look at Harry, quietly deciding I should speak.

"Yes, our daughter has a black knot thing on her neck and its bothering her, could you let her see a doctor?"

I say, pulling my bottom lip up under my teeth. Harry puts an arm around my waist, pulling my closer to his body protectively as if to comfort me.

"Yes, of course. I'll get a nurse to bring your daughter back in a few minutes,"

She smiles, understanding how distressed we are. I smile back, nodding a thanks. Harry leads me back to the waiting room where Scarlette is talking to another little girl. We sit down, his hand squeezing mine.

"Why are you worried?"

Harry whispers into my ear so Scarr couldn't hear.

"I have a really bad feeling,"

I gulp, my voice shaky and unstable. He gently turns my face towards him, softly placing a kiss quickly on my lips. The comfort that comes from his lips on mine always calms me down. I grin, my eyes trained on his. He kisses my forehead, rubbing my back.

"Scarlette? Sweetie, you can come with me,"

A black-haired nurse smiles from the door, holding it open. Scarr jumps up, smiling at us before skipping through the door. The nurse looks up at us and winks reassuringly, closing the door.

"She'll be fine, Tay. I promise."