Chapter 13 - Motherly advice

Diego's POV:

As my mother and Selvaggia began to talk to each other I just couldn't be happier to even just watch them.

They were so cute together.

I remember how good they got along with each other back when we were together and how great friends they were.

We even ended up arguing when I left Selvaggia because she didn't want me to do that.

And how right she was about that.

I still regret doing that...

- She seems like she's getting better - Selvaggia said once when we had to leave my mom's room because nurses were checking up on her.

- She's happy to see you again - I added - She has missed you...

- I missed her too - she smiled.

- You misunderstand me... She literally loves you more than me.

- I doubt that's true - Selvaggia laughed.

- She even argued with me back then when I messed our relationship up...

- Really?

- Yeah... She told me I'm gonna regret leaving you the way I did... Or even leaving you at the first place... And how right she was.

- Diego...

I sighed deeply.

- Sorry... I'm just glad we got back to being friends and you came with me to cheer my mother up.... I'm seriously happy and so is she...

The nurses finished and I hear my mother calling for me so I went back into the room while Selvaggia left to get some coffee.

- Diego... - mom spoke.

- Yes?

- You know... It's really good to see you two together again...

- Too bad it won't last long.

- Don't you want to get her back?

I sighed.

- Honestly? I do want to... But I can't... She has a boyfriend.

Mom suddenly sat up in the bed, looking at me the way she used to look at me when I was little and she was mad at me, or something like that.

- Did you even realize how she looks at you since you both are here? - she said - It's quite obvious that she still feels something for you.

- I don't think she does... Although I'd love to believe that...

- Diego, believe me! I know what I saw so far! If you love her... Don't give up on her yet...

I had no idea what to say to this.

I never wanted to give up on Selvaggia, but I don't know if it's true that she still feels something for me, or not...