Chapter 23 - Jealousy

Diego's POV:

Tonight I have the opening show so I wasn't be able to meet Selvaggia before the start and it makes me feel a little uneasy.

Not because I'm that clingy, but because I heard her being upset lately and I wanted to be there to comfort her a bit before the show starts.

And this is why I left a little message for her in her dressing room.

I hope it made her smile.

But now it's time to start...

----- TIME SKIP -----

After the performance with me and the team I got for this they went back while I went to stand beside Milly for a few words, but I was unable to focus...

All I could do was to stare at Selvaggia and try to figure out how's she doing.

But she's good at hiding her feelings.

Or maybe not...?

- Hm? What are you smiling about, Selvaggia? - Mariotto spoke up when he also noticed what I've noticed which was her trying to hold back her smirk, but failing miserably.

- I just enjoyed the show. That's all - she replied casually while she looked right at me.

We were looking into each other's eyes and I could see everything...

I could see how happy she was.

And the look she was giving me made me feel like the reason behind her smile is actually me.

I hope that's the case...

----- TIME SKIP -----

The show went on and on until we had the long break which meant we had a whole 10 minutes to get ourselves together.

I also headed off to my dressing room tojust relax for a bit, but on my way I also passed by Selvaggia's room, where I heard argument from:

- You know what? If he makes you smile this much why don't you just go back to him for good?! - I heard Lorenzo's angry voice.

- Stop this, Lorenzo!

- Why?! Everybody thinks I'm just a kid that doesn't deserve to be with a milf such as yourself, including your closest friends too!

- We all know you're not a kid! - said Selvaggia as she tried to stay calm, judging by her voice - I know, you know and they all know...

- Yeah? So what should I do with this fact?!

There was a long silent between them before Selvaggia spoke up again:

- You know what?! If the fact that I don't think you're a child and I love you the way you are isn't enough then why are we together exactly?! As I'm working with other men almost every day and they might can make me smile so you'd better be accepting this over the past 6 months...

At this point I decided to quickly walk away before any of them notices me as I didn't want to cause more arguments between them.