Chapter 24 - Secret

But just as I thought I'm not needed for Selvaggia I just heard a knock on my door and she came in, a little hesitantly.

- Hey, uh... Am I bothering you? - she asked.

- Eh? No! Not at all! - I replied - But shouldn't you be relaxing atleast until the show continues?

- I'm relaxed enough if I'm around you - she muttered - As you might have heard the argument between me and Lorenzo just a few minutes ago, right?

- Uhh...

How the hell did she know I was there?

- Well, I heard some parts of it... Only...

- That's more than enough for you to see what has been going on in my life in the past couple of days - Selvaggia sighed deeply.

- Did any argument get any worse than this?

- He isn't abusive, if that's what you're thinking.

Thank god...

- But this is getting really hard for both of us.

I took her hand and kissed it, as I always do and did whenever she is upset.

- Your presence means a lot to me... You know that? - she added as she looked down, but she was smiling the whole time.

- Being around you means a lot to me too - I smiled back while caressing her cheek.

She looked up at me again then she leaned her head on my shoulder which I had nothing to say against at all.

I didn't move from there.

I just wrapped one arm around her and hugged her gently to me while we were sitting there like that, but after a while she moved away, looked at me in the eyes and kissed me.

As weird as it was in this moment I returned the kiss because I love her so much and I want her to feel happy.

And besides... I wouldn't be able to refuse anyway.

But when we broke apart...

- Selvaggia... What if someone finds out about this? - I asked her.

- So far no one knows... And if it's up to me no one will... Or atleast not yet - she replied firmly while looking into my eyes still - Diego... Do you believe me, if I say I love you?

- I believe you - I told her immediately.

- Then please... Keep this is secret... For now... - she muttered - I don't want to lose you...

- This is our little secret, beautiful - I grinned at her then kissed her again softly which immediately seemed to calm her down.