Form and Void

I finally found Castiel in a warehouse in the middle of nowhere, trying to open the door, but it was steel and spelled closed. I held my hand toward the door, white light emanating from my hand toward the door, bursting it open, walking in. "That's enough."

Castiel was chained up, surrounded by three Angels. "Octavia."

I looked around the three Angels. I knew all of them. "Jonah. Efram. Hannah. What are you doing?"

"Getting answers," Efram answered.

"Give me a moment to talk to Castiel and Octavia alone," Hannah told them. "Get out. Now."

Efram and Jonah walked out, leaving.

I walked toward Hannah in confusion. "What are you doing? Hannah, we're friends. We worked together. We fought together."

"I know," Hannah told me. "But something's happened, Octavia. Something horrible. And we need to stop it."

*     *     *

I went to unchained Castiel from the ceiling.

"No," Castiel told me. "This is safer."

"I don't care," I told him. "I'm going to help you."

"Can you heal me?" Castiel asked.

I put two fingers to his forehead, but it didn't work. "I can't." I lowered my arm. "I'm sorry. This... it's... powerful magic."

*     *     *

Castiel shifted uncomfortably within his chains. "I feel the spell just cutting deeper and deeper, and I'm trying to fight it. I'm trying, but..."

"Does it have anything to do with the disturbance in Superior, Nebraska?" Hannah asked.

I turned to face Hannah. "You know about that?"

"Alarms have been sounding in Heaven," Hannah told us. "Alarms that haven't gone off in... ever. We don't even know what they mean."

"Those alarms are for the Darkness," I told them.

"The Darkness is a story," Castiel told us.

"No, it's not," I told them. "It's real. The Darkness... it's been locked away since the dawn of creation. And now it's free."

Hannah looked terrified. "God help us."

'I wouldn't count on that," I told them.

"Where is it?" Castiel asked.

"I don't know," I told them.

"Then who would?" Hannah asked. "The Winchesters? Octavia, if this is true, it's the end for all of us. Sam and Dean, where are they?"

"I don't know," I told her.

"Then think harder," Hannah told me.

Efram and Jonah walked in.

"She won't tell you anything," Efram told her. He looked at Castiel and me. "We took a vote. Democracy in action, and... Hannah's doing the job."

"I won't give you Sam and Dean," I told them.

"Sure you will," Jonah told us. "We're going to hack your brains."

*     *     *

I had fought, and that was evident through the destructed torture room, but they had been able to chain me down to a chair.

Efram and Jonah were using a helmet to hack into my brain, pushing long pokers into my head, making me scream in pain.

Castiel was getting angry, trying to pull free.

"Anything?" Efram asked.

"Not yet," Jonah answered.

"You said you knew how to do this," Efram told him.

"I watched Naomi, once," Jonah told us.

"Enough!" Hannah told them.

"Look, you don't want to get your pretty hands dirty, fine," Efram told her. "Walk away. But this is happening." He looked at Jonah, taking a few more pegs. "Give me." He looked at me. "Now hold still. This one might hurt."

Hannah grabbed Efram's arm to stop him. "I said stop."

"You get in my way again, you touch me again, and I will end you," Efram told her.

I started to struggle angrily.

Jonah held me still.

Efram started to pierce more needles into my head, making me scream.

Castiel was started to groan with effort and tremble, trying to pull free.

Efram pierced more needles into my head, making me scream in pain.

Castiel was even more angry, breaking free, running toward Efram, pushing him against a shelf, making the shelf fall over and the contents shatter. 

Jonah tried to stab Castiel with an Angel Blade. Castiel caught it with the chains on his wrists, turning it around on him, stabbing him in the stomach, killing him, making him flash with bright white light.

Hannah hurriedly took the pins out of my head, taking the helmet off.

I broke free from the chains. "Cas." Efram stabbed Hannah in the back of the neck with my Angel Sword, killing her, making her flash with bright white light. I stood. "No!" 

Castiel growled, running toward Efram and Hannah's body, pushing them to the beam behind them.

I ran closer, pulling Castiel away, taking my Angel Sword from Efram.

Castiel ran closer.

Efram pushed Hannah's body into Castiel, making him fall to the floor and drop the Angel Blade he had taken from Jonah. He picked up the Angel Blade, slashing toward me. I backed away enough to make him miss. Efram tried to stab me. I blocked the move with my sword, punching him in the face twice, stabbing him in the stomach with my sword, killing him, making him flash with bright white light, taking it out, letting him fall to the ground.

I looked at Hannah's body sadly.

Castiel stood, growling.

I turned to face him, pointing my Angel Sword at him to keep him back, but I was not willing to hurt him. "Cas..."

Castiel stayed where he was, breathing heavily, trying to fight the spell that wanted to make him kill anything and everything.

*     *     *

The bunker was still torn apart from the Steins.

I brought Castiel here.

We were waiting in the library.

Sam and Dean entered the bunker.

"All right, I still don't understand," Sam told him. "I mean, I thought the Darkness was a woman, not a child."

"Well, same here," Dean told him. "I don't know. Maybe whatever I saw wasn't real. Maybe it was a vision."

"Vision?" Sam repeated.

"Yeah," Dean answered.

"Huh," Sam told him. "Pretty weird."

"Yeah, weird with a weird cherry on a weird top," Dean agreed. "We got to get a main. But, you know, one with a--a little uniform, and a really big, uh..."

Sam and Dean came to a stop in the library when they saw what bad shape both Cas and I were in.

"Hi," I told them. 

"Help me," Castiel told us.

Sam and Dean looked at us in confusion, wondering what the hell happened to both of us.