The Vessel

Lucifer was running Hell now that he was out and he had control over Crowley and his Demons.

But so far, I was so bored that I didn't think nothing of it.

And apparently, Lucifer was, too, being that he had us sitting on Crowley's throne, playing Angry Birds on a tablet. 

Demons were standing nearby, speaking indistinctly.

A male Demon stepped forward. "Uh, Lucifer? Would you like to hear the latest soul numbers?"

"No, because I don't care," Lucifer answered.

"How about an update on Amara?" Demon 1 asked. Lucifer paused the game, looking up. "Well, the update is... well, that there is no update. We still haven't found her."

A female Demon named Simmons stepped forward. "If I may... since you've claimed the throne, we could use some direction. Any direction." Lucifer sighed, rolling my eyes. "We could deploy a force. Real boots on the ground, shake the trees to find her." Lucifer unpaused the game, continuing to play. "W--with you leading the charge, of course. We have had a coward and a fool at the helm for too long." Lucifer paused the game, looking up. We could hear muffled groaning. "Perhaps it's time to..."

Lucifer held up a finger to tell her to pause. "Puppy wants to speak."

A Demon opened a cage in the wall, pulling out a landing with Crowley chained up and in a floral shirt and khaki pants. He took the mussel out of Crowley's mouth.

Crowley sighed. "How dare you? The impudence. The lack of humility. That's no way to talk to your master... Lucifer."

Lucifer smirked. "That's a good doggie."

*     *     *

Lucifer still had us on Crowley's throne, pulling my Angel Sword out of my jacket, putting the tip on the floor, twisting it in boredom.

Crowley was sitting on the floor next to the throne, still chained up.

Two male Demons opened the double doors to the room.

Simmons and another female Demons pushed a cart of medieval weapons inside.

Lucifer stood, walking toward the cart, sighing deeply. "That's all of it?"

"Yes, sir," Demon 1 answered. "The requested weaponry from your crypts. Does it... please you?"

Lucifer rolled my eyes. "Spare me." He gestured for all of the Demons to leave. The Demons walked out, leaving, closing the doors behind them. Lucifer walked toward Crowley. "How are your wounds, puppy?"

"They are..." Crowley trailed off, clicking his tongue. "No less than I deserve."

Lucifer placed a hand on Crowley's shoulder.

Crowley winced.

Lucifer chuckled. "Aw. You're scared of your master." He clicked my tongue, petting Crowley on the head. "That's a good doggie." He gripped Crowley's ear, pulling his head up, making him groan in pain. "But it's an act. I broke you, but um..." He leaned closer to inhale Crowley's scent deeply. "Yep, I can still smell it. You've got that delectable little whiff of defiance. You're just playing, huh? Waiting for your moment to retake the throne. Am I right?"

"Yes, sire," Crowley answered.

Lucifer let go of his ear. "Well, then, tell me, uh, once and future..." He chuckled. "King of Hell, you've been watching my rule. What treasonous thoughts do you have brewing in that little head of yours, huh? What are you really thinking? Hmm?"