The Bad Seed

Sam, Dean, Castiel and I were in the library of the bunker, talking about the Darkness and what to do with Cas.

Dean was lost in thought.

"So, that was the last of the neighbors, just like the rest," Sam told us. "Dean? Dean!"

"Yeah?" Dean asked.

"You okay?" Sam asked.

"Yeah," Dean answered. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Just saying, we got nothing," Sam told us. "No one saw anything unusual going on at the house the day the baby disappeared."

"If this is truly the Darkness we're talking about, it's more of a time bomb than a baby," Castiel told us

"Yeah, but it is still a baby, right?" Dean asked. "I mean, the Darkness I saw was an adult. So, it still has to, uh, grow up."

"The Darkness is almost infinite power," I told them. "I'm not sure what 'growing up' means in this case."

"Well, God kicked this thing's ass once before, right?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, it'd be nice if He put down the Mai Tai and show up for work," Dean told us.

"I wouldn't count on it," I told them.

"It's possible He's around," Sam told us. "Closer than we think, you know?"

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"I believe He made a fairly definitive statement when He walked away," Castiel told us, standing, rustling the chains that were shackling him to the floor.

"Sorry about those, Cas," Dean told him. "Till we know what's going on with you, you're still a bit of a wild card, you know?"

"I hate to point this out, but you all know who we might need to help deal with the Darkness," Sam told us.

I shook my head, closing my eyes. "Don't even say it."

"He was God's scribe," Sam told us. "He did hear about everything."

I looked at Sam, pointing at him. "That's just like saying it." Castiel groaned in pain. "Cas, you all right?"

"It's the spell," Castiel told us.

"We were hoping your Angel wiring would fight it off, or slow it down, at least," Sam told him.

"It appears I simply respond differently from Humans," Castiel told us.

"If you were Human, yo'd be gone," Dean told him. "With you, it's like it's digging deeper."

"You know, Rowena's the only one who can remove it," Sam told us.

"We're doing everything to find her, okay?" Dean asked. "But so far, we got nothing."

I sighed, looking down.

*     *     *

Castiel was still shackled to the floor.

Sam and I were sitting at a table. 

Dean was pacing, trying to call Crowley.

I wiped the blood from my head that I still had from being tortured by the Angels.

"You okay?" Sam asked.

"Better than Cas," I answered. Sam tilted his head at me. "I'll be fine. After a shower and a change of clothes."

I showed him the blood stained clothes.

Sam nodded.

Dean got Crowley's voicemail. "Come on, Crowley, pick up. I've left you a dozen messages." He hung up. "Why isn't he answering the phone?"