Into the Mystic

One thing that I could say about Lucifer so far?

At least he didn't do anything too far out there.

Yet.

Right then, he just had us standing in a park at the edge of a lake, feeding the birds.

The birds were squawking.

Lucifer walked over to a bench, sitting down, crossing legs, smiling. he looked over to the playground where children were playing, sighing contentedly.

An Angel in a gray suit walked over to another bench. He saw us, looking around nervously, sitting down.

Lucifer stood, walking toward a nature path.

The Angel followed.

Lucifer was whistling, coming to a stop in front of a giant tree.

The Angel followed, pulling out an Angel Blade.

"All the parks in the world, and I pick one with an Angel in it," Lucifer told him, turning to face him.

"I saw you," the Angel told him. "Couldn't believe my eyes."

Lucifer winked. "Well, believe them. It's beautiful out here, isn't it? It's funny. The things you think you're not gonna miss at all, you end up missing the very, very most."

The Angel advanced. "Enjoy it while you can."

Lucifer raised my hands as if in surrender. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. I come in peace, brother."

"I am not your brother, Lucifer," the Angel told him.

"Well, I'm not looking for a fight," Lucifer told him. "In fact, I am your only hope at beating the Darkness. I heard you, uh... heard you kids had your big shot at the title, and you missed it." We winced, placing a hand on the Angel's shoulder. "You don't need to be afraid, brother. I am out of that awful, awful Cage." He turned us away from the Angel. "And I'm here to save you all. Lucifer ex machina."

"It cannot be destroyed," the Angel told him, raising his blade to stab us. "But you can be!"

Lucifer rolled my eyes, snapping his fingers, using magic to make the Angel explode in a rain of flesh and blood, splattering us with blood. "Hmm. That's the problem with you rank-and-file Angels. No vision." He wiped some blood of my cheek, licking it off my fingers. "Hmm."

*     *     *

Lucifer took us to the bunker, trashing the place in search of research on the Darkness, in a room in the dark.

The light was turned on.

Dean walked in. "Hey! Ava? What the hell are you doing?"

"Hello, Dean," Lucifer told him.

Dean lowered the gun he had raised. "Right, yeah. We don't hear from you for days, you show up, you start wrecking the joint?"

Lucifer sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Okay," Dean told us. "W--what are you doing?"

Lucifer stood, turning around, holding papers in both hands. "Well, I'm... looking for a spell, something to draw Amara out, but there's... there's nothing. But there has to be something. And how many chances are we gonna get?"

"Yeah, I know," Dean told us. "Saying you're gonna kill is one thing, but... actually doing it's something totally different."

"What do you mean?" Lucifer asked.