Alpha and Omega

I had gotten Ariel and Faith back to the Bunker, having them in the nursery again, looking over the edge of their cribs to see that they were sleeping, walking out of the nursery, down the hallway, pulling out my phone, calling Sam.

"Ava? You okay?"

"Finally, you answer. Yes, I'm fine. What about the rest of you?"

"Well, it's a long story." 

"Well, you can make it short. I saw what happened while I was in Heaven."

"You did?" 

"Yeah."

"Then you know that Amara ripped Lucifer out of Cas's body."

"And put him where?"

"I don't know. But, Ava... Chuck is dying."

I walked outside of the Bunker. "I know. I saw. Just curious. Has anyone bothered to look outside?"

I looked at the sun.

The sun was burning brightly. The sky around it was bright red/orange, as if it was one fire.

*     *     *

I walked into the Bunker, down into the control room.

"What the hell is it? It looks like the sun is..."

"Dying."

"Why would Amara do that?"

"The sun is the source of all life on Earth. Without it, everything just... just wastes away."

"Hang on. We're getting out of here. We're coming to you."

Sam, Dean, Castiel, Chuck, Crowley and Rowena appeared.

I looked at Chuck worriedly. "Are you okay?"

"Still got a few tricks up my sleeve," Chuck told us. "I'm not dead yet."

Chuck started to collapse.

Sam caught him. "Oh, whoa. Okay. I got you."

"I should probably sit down," Chuck told us.

"Yeah," Sam agreed. "Come on." He helped Chuck sit down in a chair. "All right. Okay."

"What do we do now?" Castiel asked.

Dean paused for a moment, walking into the kitchen, pulling out a six-pack of beer out of the fridge. He picked up a beer, twisting the lid off, letting it clatter on the table, taking a drink.

Sam, Dean, Castiel and I walked into the kitchen toward him.

"Really?" I asked skeptically.

Dean sighed. "Really." Sam shook his head, scoffing. "What? We hit Amara with everything we got, and she walked it off."

"So, it's last call?" I asked.

Dean took a drink. "That's right. Look, guys. If you've got something for me to punch, shoot, or kill, let me know, and I'll do it. I'll do it till I die. But how are we supposed to fix the freaking sun?"

*     *     *

Sam, Dean, Castiel and I were still in the kitchen.

Dean put an empty beer bottle on the table. "You know what? This isn't gonna be enough. I better make a run." He sighed. "No reason to die sober, huh?" He looked at Sam. "You want to?"