Chapter Eighteen

[William]

After two hours, John was already asleep. Jayden, Julian and Zach also went to bed meanwhile, Trent stayed a bit in my room. What happened two hours ago was just sad and painful... My son's growing up without a mother and I feel like a failure to him.

"I feel like a failure." I said, sitting up on my bed as I buried my face on the palm of my hand.

"Why?" He asked.

"John's looking for his mom and I can't do anything about it. I'm the one who ruined our family in the first place." I replied then I felt his hand on my shoulder. I looked up and he smiled at me thoughtfully, "You're right. You cannot do anything about it. You can't do anything about your past but you can do anything about present so your future will be right." He said. "So stop worrying about your past 'cause it's already over. Focus on what you have right now, alright? Focus on your son and at your girlfriend." Then he winked at me and left. I turned off the lights and lied back down on my bed and dozed off.

**

I woke up to the smell of pancakes coming into my room and when I opened my eyes, I looked over to my left side and he's already awake. "Hey John..." I greeted him and his blue eyes locked on mine as he smiled while biting his blanket. I carried him into my arms and walked out of the room. "Ready to see your uncles?" I asked him and he just stared at me and I kissed him on his forehead. I went to the kitchen where I found Julian and Jayden, fighting whether who should cook the bacon and who should cook the omelets.

"Piss off from the chopping board Jules! I would be the one to cook the omelets!" Jayden complained.

"No way Jayden! You know that I'm good at this." Julian said.

"Why are you even rejecting cooking the bacon? It's like the simplest thing in the world! You're just gonna fry it on a pan!" He shot back.

"Let's just say that I don't wanna food poison you guys." Julian said plainly as he chopped the onions and halfway through, he was already complaining about why do onions make us cry.

John laughed, "Jaydo." He said while smiling and they both turned to us and Jayden's face lit up when he saw us, John in particular.

"Hey Will! Hey John!" He greeted us. "Did you had a good sleep last night?"

"John did. I didn't." I said and I put John in his pram and took a seat on the dining table. "Is it because of what happened last night?" Jayden asked me.

"No." I lied even though it really is.

"Are you going to see Alyana today?" He asked me.

"Yeah. After our gig today." I replied.

Trent and Zach came out from their rooms too and took a seat on the dining table. "What's for breakfast? I'm starving." Zach asked.

"Pancakes, omelets and bacon." Julian replied while his back is turned to us. After a few minutes, breakfast is served and we all started to dig in.

[Alyana]

I walked downstairs dressed in my white lace dress and black wedges shoes. I put my hair black hair down and my icy blue eyes stood out even more.

"Where are you going?" Dad asked me when I walked past them to the dining area. "Aren't you going to have breakfast with us?"

"I'd rather not have breakfast than to have it with my uncaring family." I said plainly then I turned around and started to walk away.

"ALYANA!!!" Dad called out.

I turned around and I saw him standing from his seat, "What do you really want from us?" he asked me sternly.

"Simple. Just leave me alone. Let me do what I want." I said casually and then walked off. But to be honest, that's not what I really want. I want them to admit their mistake. I want them to apologize to me. I went out of the gate and just saw Amber parking her car onto the side. She stopped and I hopped in her car. You might be wondering where we're going, well, Amber called a couple of times yesterday and nagged me to go to The Collective's gig. I only agreed because things are so crazy right now at home that I need to be away from all of it.

"Oh my gosh! I still can't believe that you're coming today!" Amber said excitedly.

"I just came because I need to get away from home." I said when I had put on my seatbelt. "And besides... I want to see Will." She looked at me and smiled cheekily. "Don't give me that look Amber. He's my boyfriend. I want to show my full support for him, you know." She laughed and continued to drive.

"Anyway, how are you and Trent?" I asked while smirking at her.

"Oh well, going stronger." She replied.

"Really? Okay. Don't worry; that won't last very soon." I said and then she gave me a death glare. "Jeez... You know that I'm kidding, right?" And then we both laughed. It wasn't long until we already reached the mall where they are performing at. We quickly went to the venue and was about to sit in the front row when one of their bodyguards walked to us and told us that we were both wanted at the back stage. We went there and Will came up to me, hugged me, lifted me up as he spun me around.

"I'm so glad that you came!" Will cheered when he put me down and kissed me on my cheek.

"I just wanted to see how you'll embarrass yourself." I said cheekily. He chuckled, "Aya, it's not bad to admit that you wanted to show me your full support." He said confidently.

"Aca-excuse me?!" I said, my hands on my hips and he laughed as his arms encircled my waist, "Thank you for coming today." He said gently. "It really means a lot to me." Then we both smiled at each other and then he kissed me on my lips.

"Will, it's about time." Zach informed him.

"Alright. I'll be there." Will replied then he turned to me. "So..."

"So, I'll see you out there, okay?" I said and he nodded and then I gave him a quick kiss. I turned to Amber and her and Trent were both sucking each other's faces. I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat as I crossed my arms. They broke apart from each other and then Amber went out of the backstage with me.

We sat at the front row and then a minute later, the show already started and all I say is that I'm proud of Will and their whole group.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 votes for the next one!!!

~TCforever22~