Chapter 16

Taehyung's POV

What is she doing here?!?!

'Ehehe...hello Soo-ah.' I greeted her nervously. 'So you are Mrs. Jungsoo's son?' She scanned my face and came closer to me. I took a few steps back nervously, looking into her eyes. 'H-hey! stop looking at me like that! Also, what are you doing here?!' I stood up straight and frowned. I'm totally not ready to face her now.

I mean, our memories together are probably gone. They vanished and it's not in her memories anymore, so what's the point of seeing her if she doesn't remember me?

'Kim Taehyung.'

My head shot up as she said my name. 'H-how did you know my name?' I stuttered, did she gain back her memories that fast?!

'Oh! Ma'am told me your name!' She exclaimed happily. I mentally face-palmed myself. Of course she didn't. I'm such an idiot. I realized my mom was gone in the kitchen, that's when I started panicking. 'TAE-AH! WHY DON'T YOU GUYS GO TO YOUR ROOM AND TALK?!' My mom yelled all the way from the kitchen.

WhAT A GrEAt IdeA, MoM...

'Uhhh, well. Let's go.' I said awkwardly. I swear to God, this couldn't be more awkward.

This is the first time I've been in an awkward silence with Sooyou...or maybe not.

She practically jumped when we were heading to my room. Why is she so happy? I wasn't even leading the way, it was more like HER leading me to my room.

Well...

'Is this your room?' She stopped at the door of a room, which is my room. How did she know when she lost her memories? 'How did you know this is my room?' I asked as I walked up to her. She shrugged and headed in before me. I couldn't help myself but smile, she's just so cute.

What...?

I just love her too much, right?

I shut the door behind me and turned around, she was already snuggling against my blanket. 'Why does this blanket smell so nice..?' She murmured which was loud enough for me to hear. 'Soo-ah?'

I settled myself down on my bed and looked at her with a small smile. 'Do you feel like this place is familiar?' I asked softly. She looked at me, confused by my question and shrugged again. I sighed, she's so naive...

'Taehyung..?'

I slowly opened my eyes again and shifted myself to face her.  'You have heavy bags under your eyes. You didn't have much sleep did ya?' She grinned as she sat up. 'Hmmm.' I nodded slowly and smiled a little. 'Then you should sleep, wait wha-' She got cut off by seeing a picture of me and her.

'We knew each other before?' She asked as she studied the picture. 'Yea, we were... best friends before you lost your memories...' I said nervously, she looked like lost puppy right now, the sight made me chuckle. I opened my mouth to say something but got cut off by her.

'You look so much healthier here, have you been eating properly?' She asked again. She caught me. 'Did something happen to you?' She asked worriedly. I laughed a little and decided to tell her a story.

'Something happened and it made me like this.'

'What happened?'

She looks so desperate to know the story... my heart feels like it's about to burst in rainbows at the sight of her. I just can't... control myself when I see her.

'The girl I loved kinda forgotten about my existence when I wanted to confess... So yea, then this happened...' I rubbed the back of my neck. The memories of it happening made my eyes well up in tears but I blinked it off.

'Awww, that's so sad, I hope she remembers you soon...' She smiled painfully and got off of my bed.

'Thanks...'

If only you knew the girl was you...

Sooyou's POV

'Well, I'm gonna help ma'am do some stuffs, see ya later...' I said softly and reached out for the doorknob. 'Okay, I'll rest for a while.'

With that, I heard shuffling noises and the spring bouncing. He went to sleep?

I hesitated a bit and opened the door. Why is my heart feeling so heavy?

I feel like I couldn't really breathe.

What is this feeling?

Is it because of  Taehyung's story?

No no no, it can't be it right?

I slide down against the wall and held my head in my hands.

Somehow,
My heart is hesitating at everything.

___________________________________
THANK YOU FOR READING!

Sincerely,
J. xoxo