New York

"New York City: The best city in the world," I say sarcastically as I walk into my loft. I shrug off my jacket and kick off my five-inch pumps. I look down at my phone and see that I got a text from my best friend Mary Margaret.

  "Hey Emma! Want to meet for coffee tomorrow?  @our usual spot" the text read. I reply "sure" and walk into the living room where my son Henry is sitting and watching TV.

  "Hey, Kid!" I say sitting down on the couch next to him. "Oh hey, mom! How was work? Did you catch the guy who skipped bail?" he says still focused on the TV.

  "Of course" I roll my eyes and add "How was school?" He pauses for a moment before responding, "It was good". I see Henry smile out of the corner of my eye. Something is up. "What happened at school?" I question.

  Henry turns to face me. "I finally asked out Violet!" Henry exclaims with a big smile. "That's awesome kid! And she said yes?!" I ask. He rolls his eyes and says "Of course she did mom. If she didn't I probably would have locked myself in my room for the rest of my life" Henry said laughing. I shake my head "Henry remember what I always say. No matter what-".

  "You have hope and remember things will get better" Henry finished for me. "That's right" I smile and remember I have the best son in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hello dearies! 

I started writing a little while ago and decided to continue. The beginning of this story was written a while ago. This story is based on the characters of Once Upon a Time. Btw it is a great show and you should watch it if you haven't. However, my story just has the same characters but a different story so there is no need to watch to show to understand the book. 

Keep reading and don't forget to comment and vote!