Winter Wonderland

DECEMBER 23,2016

It's Christmas Eve tomorrow and Henry and I are waiting in my car drinking hot coco. "I should've added more cinnamon." I says taking a sip. We decided to sit in the warm car instead of walking around. "What do you want to do for Christmas?" I ask Henry "Do you want to invite Violet?" Henry thinks for a second "I can ask her. She's probably having dinner with her family tomorrow so maybe she can spend the morning with us." I nod "Sounds good. I was wondering if you would mind if I ask Killian to spend Christmas with us. All of Christmas." Henry smiles "Yeah I don't mind. I like Killian plus that means more gifts for me." He says laughing. "Haha true I'll call him now."

The phone rings twice before he answers.

"Hey love how are you" Killian says.

"I'm good. I'm sitting here with Henry and we both think that you should come over for Christmas Eve tomorrow? We can bake cookies, watch movies, and exchange gifts. What do you think?" I ask trying to convince him.

"That sounds really fun. Is Henry okay with it?" he asks unsure.

"Yeah I'm sure."

"How about you two come over to my house instead? We can still do all those things though." He asks.

I think about it for a second before moving the phone from my ear and whisper to Henry "He's asking if we want to go to his house instead. Do you want to?" Henry nods "His apartment is bigger and so is his tree." I nod before putting the phone to my ear again. "Sure" I say "What do you want us to bring?"

"Great, just your cookie cutters and your gifts. If you want you two can spend the night too. Both of you." He quickly adds.

"I'm not sure. I'll talk with Henry then get back to you." I respond.

"Okay sounds good. Bye Emma."

"Bye Luv." I say mocking him.

We both laugh and I hang up.

I'm still laughing when I look over at Henry. He has his eyebrow raised. "What?" He shrugs "I don't know. I just haven't seen you laugh like that in a while." Henry says. I smile "Killian invited us to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with him." I say taking a sip of my hot chocolate. "I don't mind. If you want to, I think it'll be fun. Can we still invite Violet before we go through?" he asks. "Yeah of course! I'm going to go get another Hot chocolate, you can call her." I say. "Okay" he says pulling out his phone. I walk out and get another hot chocolate making sure I add extra cinnamon. When I walk back to the car I see Henry with his phone to his ear. I see him laughing and smiling. I'm glad he's happy. Violet is sweet and I trust Henry. By the time I reach the car he finished the call. I get in the car and ask "What did she say?" He smiles "she said yes! She's coming over later on Christmas morning. We would've talked longer but my phone is about to die. It loses battery so fast mom and it's slow too." I nod. Henry doesn't usually complain so I know it's bad when he does.

After a couple minutes of driving Henry sits up really fast "Crap! I forgot." He says. "What?" I ask. "I forgot to buy Violet a gift." "That's okay, I think target is still open." I take a U-turn and go to target.

When Henry and I walk in we're surprised by how many people are there. "Wow I guess everyone is last minute Christmas shopping." I say looking around. "Let's look over there" I say pointing to the perfumes and jewelry. We walk over and look until we find a perfume that he said "Smells like flowers." We both decide on a perfume and a necklace. It's a simple necklace with a diamond pendant. After we pay and leave we head home and wrap the gifts and get them ready.

~~

"MOM" Henry shakes me. "MOM wake up." I rub my eyes and look at Henry "Yes?" I say yawning. "Violet is going to be here in 20 minutes! I wanted to make her breakfast but I can't find the flour" Henry says "I'm making pancakes".