Trust

I wake up on the couch with Henry in a rather uncomfortable position. I get up and move his head under a pillow. I go to the bathroom and wash my face. Wow that's one heck of a bed head I say putting my hair into a bun.
     I do my morning routine which pretty much just consists of a face scrub and anti-aging cream around my eyes.
    "One of these days I'm gonna just sleep all day" I say yawning and pouring a cup of coffee. It's only 9 on a Sunday. I decide just to stay in and be lazy when I get a text and see Killian's name pop up. I added an emoji by his name yesterday after our date but still feel kinda silly when I see it.
From Killian☺️
Good Morning love. I was wondering if I could take you and Henry out to lunch then show Henry the boat?
    To Killian☺️
That sound good he's still sleeping but I'll tell him when he wakes up. What time?
   Henry looks like he's starting to wake up
From Killian☺️
Noon?
    I tell him that noon is good and attempt to wake Henry up. He goes and takes a shower and I make pancakes. And hash browns. And bacon. And make fresh orange juice. Is that enough? 
    Right then Henry came out dressed in Kaki shorts and a long sleeves shirt. "Woah mom what all is for is someone coming over?"Henry asks me eyeing the bacon. We both sit down and I hand him a plate filled with all the food I made.
     "What?No! I can't make a very delicious looking breakfast without a reason?" I say innocently "who am I kidding you know me" I say sighing and he laughs
     "So what is it this time?" He says calmly taking a sip of the orange juice making a sour face.
   "Oh nothing much just hoping you might want to go fishing with Killian today?" When he doesn't look happy I add "Look I didn't set this up he texted me this morning asking. Henry I really like him and I'm glad he likes you and wants to spend time with you. Besides your my main man always so I want your opinion on him. Your true opinion after you two spend time together." He looks like he's about to break and give in so to tie it up I add with sincerity "You don't have a father figure in your life and that's my fault. No one to talk to you about dating and school and nobody to look up to."
      "Mom that's not your fault. It's not. I'll go with Killian today. For you" he says smiling and I squeeze his hand "Thank you Henry"
     "Now eat were leaving at 11:30!" I say as we dig in.
  After breakfast I tell him to keep his shorts on and just change in to a short sleeved shirt.
    I wear Jeans and wear a normal t-shirt and light makeup. We leave around 11:35. And when we enter Grannies we see Killian waving to us already sitting in a booth. ''He's finally not wearing black leather'' I think in my head when I see what he has on. He's wearing a T-shirt that show off his muscles quite nicely.
     "Hey Henry" Killian says getting up and shaking his hand and says to me "You look lovely Swan" and I blush. He said that and I'm not even dressed up or have almost any makeup on.
        We just order a hot chocolate and two coffees since me and Henry just ate. Killian makes small talk with Henry talking about school. I sat there bored just focusing on my coffee until Killian hands Henry two twenty dollars bill and asks him to run to the store down the street to get him some things.
    After Henry leaves rather happily with the money in hand Killan turns to me and says "I hope you don't mind I wanted us to maybe talk alone for a while"
     "No I don't mind he seemed rather happy anyways" I say finishing the last of my coffee
   "Emma" Killian says taking my hand "I've been wanting to ask you this for a while but never wanted you to feel pressured or anything"
    I raise my eyebrow and he continues "Why haven't you told me about Henry's father?" I immediately pull my hand away and put my hands together. "Because that's my past" I say fast hoping he ends the conversation
   "Emma I just wanted to know. Is it because you don't trust me?" He says trying to search my eyes but I look away.
   "I don't want to talk about this" I say looking anywhere but at him. I got to get out of here. Without a word I get up and run to the bathroom.
  I look at my self at the mirror then lean against the door. Killian's words swim around in my head.
Henry's father
Trust
Pressure
Alone
     I promised myself I wouldn't cry over him. A long time ago.
  I sit there for a little while until I hear a light knock and quickly get up and attempt to wash my face saying "sorry I'll be out in a minute" but I stop when I hear Killian's voice saying "Emma? Love,I know your in there" he says knocking lightly again.
    "I'm sorry Emma I won't ask you again just..I'm sorry I know what it's like just to want to forget the past. Please come out" he says in the weakest voice I've ever heard from him.
    I look at myself again and wipe under my eyes. I can trust Killian. I just know it. So I turn towards the door and slowly turn the knob and open the door. When Killian sees me he grabs me gently and pulls me to him. He has very strong arms I mentally add. 
   "You don't need to do this Killian I'm fine" I say against his chest "I trust you"
     I pull away and grab his shoulders and push my lips against his. He seems suprised at first. I'm not sure if it's because I kissed him or because I said I trusted him.
   Killian pushes me against the wall next to the door and I wrap me arms around his neck.
  I push him away and say "I'm ready to tell you. I've kept it in so long and I just can't anymore." After a final kiss we walk back to the table and I see that my coffee has been refilled.
We sit down and I start telling him my story..."Well you probably guessed that because Henry is a teenager, that I was a teen mom. I was and I won't lie and say it was easy. Henry's father his name..was Neal" I said after a short pause. "He was everything to me. And since I didn't have any family when I was young I wanted nothing more than to be loved" He looks at me sympathetically and grabs my hand and rubs it gently.
      "He was older but didn't have a job so we didn't have any money." I look around to make sure nobody was listening then say "So we used to steal from small stores.It was all Petty Theft until I found out he was wanted for stealing some watches. He wanted to escape so Canada so I came up with a plan. I would go get the watches and we would sell them and go anywhere we wanted. Together. " Killian's attention is now all on me as he nods as if to tell me to keep going.
"Before he told me a place to meet him after he sells the watches he had gave me a watch. Told me to keep it" My voice cracks slightly but I cough softly and continue "As soon as I got there I looked around and didn't see him so I called him. He didn't answer and a cop came and said that someone had turned me in and of course I had a watch on..he set me up. Possession of stolen goods. I got eleven months"
Killian's eyes widen but he doesn't say anything just puts his other hand on our already intertwined hands.
"It was a low security prison in Phoenix. I found out I was pregnant a couple weeks in" I felt better knowing that Killian was there for me. "When I had Henry I didn't think that I could raise him. I was so young and what did I know about being a mother. But I couldn't let him go, I couldn't he was all I had. I only had a month or so left so I kept Henry. We started from nothing but I was willing do anything for him. I worked doubles sometimes but I never went back to stealing. Henry makes me better. So trust is a very big thing with me. But Killan" I say looking into his eyes "I do trust you"
          He leans all the way over and gives me a kiss. Then pulls away fuming "I swear if I ever see that guy I will punch him strait in the jaw or eye or just send him straight to-"
    "Killian" I say interrupting him hoping he was about to say jail not a word that rhymes with sell.
      "Sorry love. I'm just sorry you had to go through that at such a young age. What did you tell Henry?"
      Right as he asked that Henry burst in carrying a two bags full of stuff "I hope you didn't want any change cause they had a lot of stuff we'll need" Henry says out of breath.
     "Need?" I ask Killian
    "Yup for the fishing trip. You know some extra bait, a hat, a couple beers "he winks at me when he says beers "and a bunch of other stuff we need apparently" he says looking to Henry raising his eyebrow.
     "Sorry Killian I couldn't get the beers. Apparently I don't look 21" Henry says appalled and Killian and I laugh
    "So shall we head to the docks?" Killian asks putting a twenty dollar bill on the table
    "Can we go home so I can grab my camera first?" Henry says and Killian agrees
   We all walk out and Killian drives us to our apartment. Henry rushes upstairs but then I remember that he forgot the keys so me and Killian walk up to find Henry waiting by the door.
       I give him the keys and he goes inside. Me and Killian wait outside and He asks me "Are you okay? You know after our previous conversation"
    "I'm fine..Really I appreciate you caring" I say leaning my chin on his chest looking up at him.
     "Anything for you love. I promise." He says taking a strand of my hair of my face and tucking it behind my ear.
   I hear a crash from the house and Henry yelling "Mom!"
     Oh my god "Henry!" Me and Killian rush in to find Henry staring at someone..
//:

Who do you think is in their apartment?? 🤔
    Comment Who
Read•Comment•Vote •Repeat
                    ❤️❤️