Walls

As I walk towards the cafe where I am meeting Mary Margaret I start to think about our friendship. Ever since I was young I've felt like I couldn't trust anyone. My only friend when I was a teenager was a girl named Lily and all she ever did was lie to me. Mary Margret is the first person I ever trusted. Well, that is not entirely true. I have trusted people before, even when I shouldn't have. She is the only person that has not broken my trust. She is basically my only friend in this huge, smelly, busy city. She is like family and if anything is to ever happen to her I would-

  Something tugs on my neck, hard.

   "Crap" I look back and my scarf is stuck on a pole. I yank it off and turn around quickly. As I turn, something knocks into me, hard. I stumble and fall, not so gracefully. I look up and see that the "something" that knocked into me is a man. A very handsome man. 

"Bloody Hell," He says before offering me a hand. "Sorry lass I was in a rush to-"

  I look up, glaring at him and get up without taking his hand. He abruptly stopped talking. "It's fine," I say.

  I wait for him to move out of my way, eager to get out of the cold and see Mary Margaret. When he does not move I wave my gloved hand in his face in an attempt to grab his attention.

  "Sorry," he says looking at the ground and scratching the back of his neck. Realizing he was just standing there staring he blushes slightly. Or it could just be from the cold, I tell myself.

  "It's okay," I say chuckling.

  He's wearing a leather jacket and has a couple of tattoos that I can see. I shiver and say "Well I got to go. I'm meeting a friend. Bye," I say as I am about to walk around him. "I best be going too. Goodbye," He says but it looks as if he wants to say something else but does not say anything. Instead, he nods and steps out of my way.

   I nod back swiftly, turn, and walk away. I ponder what I think about him when someone from behind me grabs my hand gently.

"What the he-" I stop when I see who it is.

"Sorry again lass but I'm afraid I won't be able to live with myself if I didn't give you my number," he says smirking. I raise an eyebrow and he says "The name is Killian, Killian Jones." 

"Emma...Swan" I say cautiously, eying him, wondering if I should be suspicious of him or not. In my line of work, you can never be too cautious.

"Well, Emma" He takes out his phone and hands it to me "Would you do me the honor and put in your number?".

   I want to but I can't. He looks like the type of person who claims loves you just to leave you and I have had enough of those relationships. I'm about to reject his offer when he says, "You know what? I have a proposal. Give me your phone and I'll put my number in. If you want, text me. And if not, I'll be disappointed but I'll understand. It would be completely your decision". 

"Okay," I say handing him my phone. He puts in his number quickly and hands it back. "See you later, Swan," he says turning away. I can't help but stare at his retreating figure as he gets swallowed up by the crowd of new yorkers hurrying to get to wherever they're going.