Nerves

I'm walking through Central Park since it's my break. It's November 3rd and all the leaves are turning orange and red and the air is crisp. I love this weather, but I know it won't last. Soon enough winter will come and New York is not where you want to be. But New York is the best place to spend Christmas and the new year and but other than Christmas irs not that magical. In reality it's melted snow on the side of the road and everyone gets colder than the weather. I know New York is known for their rudeness also but I'm still excited.
When I was little most of the foster homes I was sent to celebrated Christmas. No matter how mean or rude they were to me at Christmas everything got better. A couple of times I would even get some nice gifts. The lights around town, the Christmas movies, the sweet smell of cookies. All that stuff I was lucky enough to experience. Yeah I wasn't with my family but it was something.
But that's a more than a month away. What I should be paying attention to is Thanksgiving. I was thinks my of inviting Killian, Mary Margaret, and David over. I mentioned it to Mary Margaret and she thought it was a good idea and that she'll help me cook. Thank God for that because there's no chance in hell I'll be able to cook that much. The most I've ever cooked for by myself is for two people, Henry and Mary Margaret.
I'm lost in thought when my phone rings. I pull it out and smile when I see who it is.
Killian💕
"Hello?" I say trying to mask my excitement. I don't know why I feel like this..like a girl with a crush, it's pretty funny if not embarrassing.
"Emma?!" Killian voice says in an urgent voice. Is something wrong? I stop walking.
"Killian? Is everything okay?!" I say worried. Please be okay.
"Emma listen carefully" he says in a calm voice. I'm really freaked out now.
"I'm listening" I say quickly.
"Stop what your doing" I'm standing in the middle of Central Park. Stop what?
"Turn around slowly" What?
I turn around slowly with my phone still pressed to my ear. I see Killian dressed casually with a big bag from grannies diner in his hand.
I sigh in relief and walk quiet towards him suddenly angered. "Killian! What the hell I almost had an heart attack!" I say and he puts his hands up in surrender "I'm sorry love, but I admit I'm flattered you care about me so much really" he says then after a moment he laughs and says "but you should have saw your face!"
"Killian! Stop it's not funny I was scared" I say smacking his arm when he tries to grab my hand.
    "For that I'm truly sorry" when I don't give in he says "Truly" again sincerely. I didn't like what he did but then I remember he has food so I say "Fine, now what's in the bag" I say taking his hand finally and we start walking.
    "Ah so that's why you gave up so willingly well I'd wager since your here on your break you haven't eaten so I brought your favorite g-"he says holding up the food with his other hand.
    "Grilled cheese?" I finish for him "Indeed" says kissing my hand "I missed you yesterday"
     Yesterday we had plans to go to dinner but Henry wasn't feeling well so I had to cancel. "How is Henry? I can drop off soup or something on my way to work" Killian offers "Actually this morning the medicine started kicking my in and he said he's feeling better"
     "Okay" he says leading me to a table. there are some set up. He pulls the chair back for me and I sit down. He places the food on the table and sits down.
He opens the bag and pulls out two boxes and two drinks. My box has a grilled cheese sandwich, chips, and a pickle.
He has the same except he has a burger. "I took a gander and got you Coke" he says handing me one of the drinks.
"Good choice"
"So how's your day been?" He asks me and I say "long..we're preparing for the autourny to come today" I say taking a bite "If she thinks we have a solid she'll take the case do it for less than her usual rate"
"You've been focusing a lot on this case..why?"
I don't really know the answer..He has a son and I believe him so I can't let him go to jail.
"Because he's innocent"
"Is that it?"
"Well he has a son and he's small only 3 years old and he's been raising him alone. If he goes to jail the little boy will have to go into foster care and he shouldn't have to" I say looking away
"Well that's very noble of you. Don't worry if anyone can help him it's you" I look at him and smile. He believes in me and there's no words to describe how much I need him. I realize how much care about him already, I don't want to be without him or I don't know what I would do. I wish I could tell him how I feel.
You can..
Just say it. Say what you feel.
"Thanks Killian I lo-" I stop before I could continue and his eyes widen. I almost ruined everything. I don't love him.
Yes you do
Nobody loves me. Nobody is capable of loving me, not even my own parents. I almost tear up at the thought. If I say I love him and he doesn't say it back I'll be heart broken and I've had enough heart breaks to last a life time.
He looks like he's about to say something when I quickly say "I appreciate it" I take his hands sighing. He's bound to leave me..just like everyone else in my life. At least I can enjoy the time I have with him now at least. But I can't help but feel hope when I look into his eyes. There's no way he would leave me, anybody else but not him.
We finish our food and we walk around for a little until I have to go. Killian walks me to my car and I lean on the outside of my door, crossing my arms and looking at him. "Wish me good luck" I say sighing looking down. I'm really nervous about today. I need this attorney to take this case. I hope this will work.
"I'll do more than that" Killian says walking up to me kissing me. "Emma, you can do this. Okay? Your Emma Swan for God's sake" I laugh and he takes my hand and kisses it before saying goodbye and going to work. I hope I didn't make him late but even if he is his boss it David so..
I get a text from Killian and I'm at a red light so I check it.
Killian💕
       I got Henry soup from Grannies  and some cough drops from the pharmacy. I just dropped it off. Don't worry love he looked well rested.
~~
      Thank you so much Killian you really didn't have to but I appreciate it.  But soup?
~~
      Fine I got him a burger but hey he's a boy
~~
      That's fine thanks again 😘
~~
    No problem, good luck at work love 💕

   I laugh and put my phone down right as the light turned green. He's so funny, he makes me blush like a little girl. I usually would try to mask my emotions around a guy. I always like to have the upper hand but with him I don't feel like I need to. Ever.
   Once I reach the station I get a blazer out of my car and change out of my leather jacket. I want to look at least a little professional when we first meet her.
I wonder what she's like..this Regina Mills. I've heard of her, she's a big time lawyer and well respected.
      I go into the station and as I walk up the stairs I breath in deeply.
I hope the evidence we found is enough
     "Emma!" Graham says when I enter the office "I organized everything we found so now we're just waiting for her to show up"
      "She better be here soon" I say in a tough voice even though I just want her to come so I can get this over with.
      "Well here I am" I hear a confident female voice say. I turn around and see who I guess is Regina Mills. Dressed in a pantsuit and a short haircut. "Now hurry up I don't have time to waste" she says checking her watch.
Huh. This will be interesting..