Meet up

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

I open my eyes to see my clock flashing '8:15'. "I'm awake, I'm awake" I mumble as I hit the snooze button.

  I get up and walk out of my room to start making breakfast. "Henry! Pancakes or eggs?" I yell across my apartment. "Both!" Henry answers.

  Of course. I laugh to myself. When I finish breakfast I head back to my room to get ready. After debating between two outfits for about twenty minutes I get frustrated and just reach into my closet and grab the first thing I see: a black and white stiped dress. Who am I trying to impress?

  I did my normal makeup routine and ended up pairing a black jacket, a red scarf, and my favorite pair of boots with the dress.

  I walk over and pick up my phone for the first time this morning and see that I got a text. I smile when I see who it's from.

Killian Jones

Good morning love, I was wondering if you would like to meet up today around 2:00pm? During my lunch break.

~~

Emma

Sure, where?

~~

Killian Jones

At Central Park. How about we meet at the entrance by the zoo?

~~

Emma

Sounds good. See you then.

~~

    I put my phone back and walk over to the kitchen. "Hey mom...why are you blushing?"Henry says catching me off guard.

  "I'm not" I say baffled."Yes, you are! Why?" he says suspiciously.

"Well, maybe I have a date with someone I just met yesterday and I'm nervous...and maybe excited" I say blushing again. Damn what the hell is with all this blushing?

"Wow, mom. I'm impressed. When do I get to meet him?"

  "Oh no no. Not for a while, if ever. I need to know if he's good enough to bring him into our lives first", I say.

  "That makes sense. Okay, I gotta go! Bye mom and good luck", he says before running out the door, probably to try and catch the bus.

  Okay, Im home alone with 6 hours to kill so I'm going to...eat! And watch some tv. I turn on the television but my mind is somewhere else. On someone else.

  Will he like me? Should I even care?

  Even if I wanted to like him I couldn't trust anyone after what happened with Neal.

  Before I know it, it is 1:00 and I get up to freshen up and do some touch ups on my make-up.

  After grabbing my purse and keys, I go downstairs, get into my yellow bug and turn up the radio. Focus Swan

  "Where the bloody hell is he?" I say outloud after looking around for a good 10 minutes. "Hey! Thats my line" Killian says from behind me laughing "Hello, Swan".

"Hi, Killian" I say, taking in how he looks. He's wearing a dark blue flannel with black jeans and black sneakers.

  He smirks at me when he sees me checking him out and I quickly look away. 'I better not be blushing' I think to myself.

  "So, what are we going to do?" I ask after the slightly awkward silence. "Well, I was hoping you'd fancy a walk around the park and then maybe going to this bar on the corner?"

  I look at him unimpressed

"It's the best, trust me. They have the best service in town."

  "Okay" I say and start to walk. "I've always enjoyed walking during this time of day. Especially when the weather is this perfect" I say, smiling and looking around

  "I agree but to be honest I think sailing beats walking any day." he says looking off into the direction of the sea.

  "Oh really? Do you have a boat around here?" I ask interested.

  "Yes actually. Her name is the Jolly Roger" he says proudly. Her? Ok "Jolly Roger? You're a Peter Pan fan I'm guessing?" I ask. Killian nods "It was my favorite movie growing up."

  After walking around for a bit we stop in front of a small bar called the Heart and the Huntsman. Who goes to a bar at 2 in the afternoon? Killian opened the door for me and leads me inside. As we walk in I instantly recognize the bartender and stop dead in my tracks

    "You..."