Hate

Hate is a strong word, some people would say. But when you strongly dislike someone, then yeah hate is appropriate.

Like how I strongly dislike Julie. But then at the same time, there's this weird feeling I get around her. It just makes no sense.

And I also just hate getting ready for another day of school. Good ol' school.

Which is me rolling off my bed, putting on a pair of jeans and a random T-shirt, then finally getting some breakfast. Which was a thing of toast or cereal.

And of course my parents aren't here, because they're gone. Like dead I mean. Leaving me with my 24 year old brother that has to work early. I didn't mind at all though, my brother was nice, and my parents, well I didn't know them too well.

And so I step out of my house, back pack slung over my shoulder as I walk to school. And little did I know, Julie lives right across from my house.

And sure enough she walks out her house just as I do. Her eyes seem to light up as she spots me then runs across the street recklessly just to be by me.

She is such an idiot.

"Hey Genevieve," she greets with a big smile while taking a huge breath.

"Why do you have to be around me?" I sigh.

"Because you're my friend," she says and walks closer to me.

"I'm sure there's plenty of other people that'd like to be your friend," I say. "So shoo," I finish speeding up my pace.

She soon catches up and links her arm with mine. My normal response would be to shove her away, and so I did. But I've never felt such guilt when she hit the ground with a thud.

I almost hold my hand out for her and apologize.

"Ouch," she looks up at me "that actually kind of hurt." Rubbing her shoulder she gets back up with a grunt, and I'm surprised I hadn't walked away yet.

Finally, she stands up straight with her arms outstretched.

"I know you want to apologize. And it's okay, I forgive you. But you have to hug me."

She smiles with her eyes closed making motions with her hands as if to call me over.

I only stand there for a second looking at her, and I'm actually thinking of hugging her. I mean, I want her forgiveness and all. But I'm not affectionate, that's a big no no.

But then, why the hell do I want her forgiveness?

Genevieve Rogers does not feel guilt. No that's not even normal.

You're never normal anyways.

"I'm not doing that," I say as I begin to walk away.

"You're so mean," she mutters before catching up with me.

"Didn't you notice that before?" I ask looking at her with an are you that dumb? Look.

"Well of course. I just stated it out loud," she explains.

"If you already know I'm mean, why don't you leave me alone?"

She smiles sweetly "because you intrigue me."

I feel something when she says that, and I ignore it. And just ask "How so?"

"I'll tell you that once you declare us friends," she answers.

"Guess I'll never know," I say as we made are way through the school parking lot.

"Oh you will Genevieve, you will."